Chapter 18

NIALL'S P.O.V.

"I got you something." I reach into the back seat of my brothers car, grabbing flowers and holding them in her face.

"Lilies." Charlie grins slightly. "I thought you hated lilies?"

"I do." I nod continuing to drive. "But you love them."

"Niall I really don't know if I can do this." Charlie stares down at the ribbon wrapping the flowers, playing with it between her fingers.

Luckily we stop at another stop light. Giving me a chance to look at Charlie.

"I need to prove to you that what you saw wasn't the truth." I push. "I didn't sleep with Ingrid, Charlie."

She winces at the sound of Ingrid's name and I slowly regret bringing it up.

"I don't want to talk about it now if that's okay?" She bites her lip.

My god I miss those lips so much.

I miss Charlie so much period.

I miss being able to hold her. I miss being able to look at her without feeling guilty. I miss being able to kiss her.

I never thought I would miss someone so much when they are just sitting right next to me. It is as if the real her isn't here at all.

"I'm sorry." I continue driving, turning the opposite way of my mom's place.

"Where are we going?" Charlie questions, giving me a confused look.

"I thought it would be better to have some time to ourselves so I rented a small beach house for us to stay in until the wedding."

Charlie doesn't say a word.

"It was more of a gift from my mom. She claims it was getting crowded at her house."

She nods looking back out the window, watching has we drive down a sandy road.

I pull up to the small house looking over the beach. It's not big but it's good size for just Charlie and I.

Charlie opens her door, getting out of the car. I quickly get out.

She is already getting her bag from the trunk but I gesture for her to let me take it, "May I?"

She nods, handing me her bag. I hesitate for a moment but place my hand on the small of her back, guiding her to the front door.

"Give me a second." I fish through my pockets, taking out the keys and unlocking the door.

She slowly steps inside, looking around the small house as she turns on the lights.

I feel like anything I do around Charlie, it being talking or just even the slightest touch, is just me walking on glass. Anything I do or say could trigger the slightest emotion.

"Do you like it?" I set her bag on the bed. The house is one large one with a separate kitchen and bathroom.

The walls are painted white, brighten up the place. It has a beach house feel if that makes sense. There is a large king size bed that sits in the corner of the room, next to two double doors.

Charlie walks over to them. Moving slightly past the long white silky curtain pushing open the doors.

I watch as the ocean breeze hits her face, pushing back her hair from her face.

"You look beautiful you know." I step closer toward Charlie and she turns around, looking me dead in the eye.

She moves closer to me and I close the gap.

"I like it here." She nods.

"It's all for you." I stare down at her lips. "It's always for you"

Before she can move away I quickly press my lips against hers. She molds into my own lips for a moment and I am in absolute bliss. It feels as if nothing wrong has ever happened.

But the moment is broken when Charlie pushes me away, holding her hand up to her lips.

"I am going for a walk." She quickly moves out of the large double doors, down the beach and out of sight.