Chapter 21

CHARLIE'S P.O.V.

"Wait you slapped him?" Iris pulls me down to her bed, so I am sitting across from her.

"I don't know what to do Iris." I say taking a deep breath.

The door to the hotel room slams shut and I lightly hear Louis, Harry, and Niall taking out in the sitting area.

"Charlie, Niall didn't do anything." Iris states. "He has been loyal to you because he loves you and he always will."

"But Wilder was right." I bite my thumb nail. "The thought that it could still happen is there."

"Charlie you can't leave Niall." She stresses. "I know right now, in the moment, you think that will be best for you but I have known you for half your life and I know that you will regret it in the end."

"I know I don't want to leave Niall." I groan running my fingers through my hair. "But I honestly don't know how we could go back to where we were."

Before Iris can respond the bedroom door and in walks Niall, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Do you think we could talk?" He asks, addressing me.

"That's my queue." Iris quickly gets up, leaving the bedroom.

Niall begins to pace and we are like this for a couple minutes in silence.

He stops in front of me, looking me dead in the eyes. "Please tell me what you are thinking because I can't figure it out."

I sigh for a moment, standing up and slowly wrapping my arms around his torso, my cheek pressed against Niall's chest.

"I'm so sorry." I say softly.

"This is my fault." Niall pulls me back from his grasp. "I shouldn't of gone with Wilder in the first place and I am I begging you not to leave me."

"I jus-"

"Please don't say no."

"I am not leaving you Niall." I take a deep breath, organizing my thoughts. "But we need a few days apart. To breath, think things through."

"We have had so much time to breath." Niall clenches his jaw and I can tell he is getting heated. He kneels in front of me where I sit on the edge of the bed. "Do you not recall the week that you refused to see me."

"That was different Niall." I try my best to hold back my tears. "At that time I thought for sure I was leaving you. Now I know I am staying I just need time for myself you know?"

"No" He shakes his head vigorously. "No I do not get it because we are fine now. Everything is fine."

"The fact that you have to point out everything is fine makes it not fine."

"Charlie I just want to be with you." He pleads.

"Give me a day please." I almost beg. "Just one day."

"I gave you a fucking week Charlie." Niall's quickly stands up "What more do you fucking want?!"

Before I can respond Niall has already stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

NIALL'S P.O.V.

"So what she wants a day to herself." Harry followed me after I stormed out of the hotel room. "At least you know now that you two are still together."

"She is making this all so damn hard." I groan, running my fingers through my hair.

"It's just a day." Harry stresses every word.