the birthday party

"She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky"

Song- "Teardrops On My Guitar" by Taylor Swift

Saying that Rose was nervous for the party tonight, would be a complete understatement

This would be the first real party that Rose has been to ever, unless you count all the birthday parties she went to as a kid.  But none of those parties were hosted at a sorority house, and none of the birthday's were for Luke's girlfriend and one of the most popular girls on campus.

Rose will be graduating from drinking out of juice pouches and playing pin the tail on the donkey, to drinking out of solo cups and playing beer pong.

Of course, she doesn't plan on drinking much—if at all— and she certainly won't be partaking in any games out of fear that she'll make a complete fool of herself.

Rose doesn't feel prepared for the night, and she definitely isn't.

Rose and Luke have plans to ride together since they live across the hall from each other, then Rose will drive home alone knowing that Luke will most likely stay the night with Chloe. And as much as Rose doesn't like that, it is her birthday, so what Chloe wants— Chloe gets.

Luke said he'd be ready around nine and then they'd leave, but it's already fifteen past and Rose is anxiously pacing around in her living room while she waits for his knock. Which really isn't good for the girl, because every thirty seconds she's checking her appearance in the mirror and debating on wether or not she should change.

She isn't sure what the appropriate attire for a sorority party is, but Rose being Rose settled on a short black sundress with a floral print and a yellow cropped cardigan to go over it. This was one of her favorite dresses and now that spring is upon them, she can finally break it out again. Although it's still chilly at night and in the early mornings, but that's what her little sweater is for.