reconciliation

"We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever be the first one to break?
Even my phone misses your call, by the way"

Song- "From the Dining Table" by Harry Styles
_______________________

Song- "From the Dining Table" by Harry Styles _______________________

It was way too early for Luke to be up.

Well, at least it would be if he ever went to bed.

He's not been sleeping much these past few days. Most college students use spring break as their time to sleep as much as they can, taking back the hours they lost while doing busy schoolwork. But for Luke, his sleep schedule has never been worse.

Five days.

It has been five days without any type of communication with Rose. Five days since he's heard her voice, five days since he was so close to her that he could feel her warmth, five days since he can say he felt anything at all.

It had been five miserable days where Luke had been kept up for hours on end as he thought over everything that happened with Rose.

That was the longest they had gone without seeing each other in years, since before Rose's father died. It didn't feel right, it wasn't right.

It felt like something was missing as they sulked in their separate apartments and it was, seeing as Rose held Luke's heart in her chest and Rose's heart was buried deep inside of Luke.

Luke was getting tired of hearing his own voice, he craved company other than his sweet Petunia, and he was beginning to feel like he was going crazy in his small apartment. All of his friends were away at the beach, minus the one that held the most importance, so Luke was left without much to do.

He could've sucked it up by now and gone to see Rose, but he hadn't. Every time he thought he gathered enough courage to go knock on her door, he would chicken out and go right back to his spot on the couch.

He felt pathetic.

He wanted nothing more than to run and hug her, tell her that he's sorry and that he loves her, but his unkind mind stopped him every time. He was filled with so much doubt that he was beginning to question absolutely everything.

He didn't know where Rose's feelings stood with him. He didn't know if she was in her room surrounded by torn up paintings she had done of him, screaming that she hates him for doing what he did to her. Or maybe she was heartbroken, lying on her floor like she does when she's sad, listening to her dad's old vinyls with Luke's rejection fresh on her mind.