growing up

"So don't lie to me
I know I'm not as cool as I'd like to be
But why do you feel so down, again?"

Song- "Why Do You Feel So Down?" by Declan McKenna
___________________

Song- "Why Do You Feel So Down?" by Declan McKenna___________________

Rose has been on cloud nine ever since Sunday

Regardless of not seeing him all week from their busy school and works schedules, and Luke's time being taken up by Chloe, Rose has still been left with the after effects of their time together on the playground.

Every time she begins to worry about her mom and think about what happened, she's reminded of what Luke did for her to cheer her up.

She thinks about him chasing her around when she's in the middle of a lecture, she thinks about all his subtle touches when she's lying in bed at night, she thinks about him recreating their times of when they were kids when she's at work, and she thinks about how easy it is for him to turn her mood around on a countless amount of occasions just from that one day.

Even now, as she's lying down in the prickly grass of the school's courtyard, she's recalling when just days ago she was lying on the uncomfortable mulch next to Luke.

She wishes he was here now next to her, and not currently hanging with Chloe doing God knows what.

But at least she can close her eyes and play the memory back, pretending he is there right beside her as she basks in the sunlight.

She can vision Luke looking over at her and having their eyes meet under the clouds. She can pretend that it's Luke's fingertips tickling her arm and not the sharp blades of grass. She can picture herself smiling up at the sky as Luke hums lyrics to a song he's been working on, pretending it's for her.

"Professor Lynn can be such a bitch."

Until Taylor or Marley speaks, then she's right back to the reality of Luke not being there.