Secrets Lie Within: Year 1 Part 6

Chapter 6:

Christmas Eve morning arrives. Roselia's sleeping peacefully in the remaining moments sleep drifts off when the winter sun rays enter the small bedroom.

Roselia's eyelids slowly open a little before blinking a few times. Her dark eyes gleam when the white-haired wolf realizes what day it is. Many Winter Holidays in the past would be days passing by with her parents will occasionally greet each other the greeting of "Happy Christmas," never to the young girl, but this time, it really feels like a holiday.

"Roselia?" the familiar voice of Qurriell speaks as a soft knock appears at the door. "Oh, you're awake!" he gleams happily when he enters. "Happy Christmas Eve!"

"Happy Christmas Eve, Daddy!" the young wolf smiles.

"Go get dressed now. Breakfast will be ready soon," her Daddy says, not hiding the smile on his lips.

"Okay!"

The moment he leaves her room, Roselia begins getting ready for the day. Her morning routine goes by as usual. The cute clothing in the closet makes it hard for the young wolf to choose. Soon she settles for leggings that show the galaxy in purples and blacks under a long-sleeved loose matching purple sweater that goes down to her mid-thighs. White hair is soon brushed out smooth to barely touching the small shoulders.

Roselia double-checks to see if any form of her diaper is not showing before leaving her room.

The smell of a Christmas Eve breakfast fills the tiny home from the kitchen. It greets the young girl. "Smells yummy, Daddy," she comments with a soft smile, sitting in one of the chairs.

"I'm happy to hear that, now, eat up! We have a big day today," he smiles, sitting at the table.

Breakfast for today is Eggs Florentine, where the base is an English muffin with spinach and a poached egg covered with hollandaise sauce. Qurriell wants to keep breakfast simple but still delicious because of the activities ahead of them.

"What are we going to do t-today, Daddy?" Roselia asked curiously before taking another bite of her food.

"We are going to do lots of fun stuff today, little one," he answers with a smile, not giving out a straight answer.

She didn't ask anymore because she knew that Daddy is a wise and fun person. Roselia simply smiles before finishing up her food.

After breakfast, Daddy and his little girl put on their winter gear and head out towards a location in the middle of the city, surrounded by muggles and hidden wizards. Roselia gets nervous by the large crowd of people, but the gentle squeeze from her Daddy calms her down, knowing that he is here to protect her.

Qurriell walks through the crowds, still holding onto her tiny paw towards a small area where a man around his age is behind a counter. "Hello and welcome to the skating rink! What can I do for you today?" he greets the small family with a smile.

"We will have two pairs of skates, please," Roseilia's daddy figure tells the man with a fake smile, hiding his disgust for the muggle.

She didn't notice the fake smile. However, she did see the shoes appear on the counter. They didn't look like shoes for school or the boots on the young wolf's feet—white boots with blades on the bottom. Roselia stares at the blades for a good while before Daddy sees her.

"Roselia? Roselia, sweetheart, let's go," Qurriell smiles, snapping her out of her trance.

The white-haired girl's head perks up at the sound of her Daddy's voice and follows him towards a bench. Roselia sits down and watches him gently take off the walking boots before placing her tiny feet in the skates. It feels weird on her feet like heavy pillows press together, almost squeezing the small feet.

"Okay, Roselia," Qurriell smiles after lacing the skates, "ice-skating is where you balance yourself on these skates. Don't worry, Daddy will help you, and if you don't like it, we can go somewhere else. Sound good?" he suggests, still smiling.

A smile curls big on Roselia's lips as she nods in agreement.

The shy professor puts on his skates and holds the little paws as they slowly get on the slippery ice floor. Roselia is keeping her body frozen still to balance herself. It's the young wolf's first-time ice skating, and her Daddy figure is eager to teach her.

"You're doing so well, little one," Daddy smiles, still holding onto her paws.

The small praise perks the white-haired girl's head a little. So smiles the familiar soft smile at her small lips.

"Okay, Roselia," Quirrell smiles back. "I-I am going to let go slowly."

She's a little nervous about skating on her own, but some of her confidence appears again. Roselia nods her head a little.

He slowly let go of the tiny paws.

Roselia slowly glides through the ice, balancing on her own. It's a little tricky, but she somehow gets the hang of it. A smile curls big on her face as she actually enjoys ice-skating.

"Roselia?" a familiar female voice catches the wolf's attention.

Softpaw turns to see......