Secrets Lie Within: Year 1 Part 11

Chapter 11:

It's a peaceful, free day. Qurriell is going through grading papers from his Defence Against the Dark Arts class. He looks up from the papers to see the wolf girl playing with some dolls she got from the holidays. A soft smile curls on his face as she's just minding her business by fixing her dolly's dress.

Roselia's wearing a knee-length black skirt with spenders over a long-sleeved soft pink top with an image of a black bunny. She also on some light pink leggings on her legs because of the rules her daddy provides.

"How's school doing?" he asked, catching her attention.

"School's alright, Daddy," she answers, fixing a button on the dolly's dress. "Umm, Daddy? I know I shouldn't, but I overheard a few Gryffindors talking about something weird."

"Oh? What about?"

"Something about a stone and someone named Nichols Flamel." All of sudden, Qurriell roughly grabs her arm tightly. "D-Daddy!" Roselia's terrified. "Y-You're hurting me!"

"What else were they talking about?" His tone darkens as his eyes grew darker.

"Th-They think it's Pr-Professor Snape," the wolf girl answers, frightened by this new demeanor.

"Snape, huh?" he chuckles, looking away. "I like the sound of that." A smirk grew as his grip on Roselia's arm loosens.

"D-Daddy?" she asked, more confused than ever, rubbing her arm.

"Was there anything else they were discussing?" her daddy asked, grinning at her mischievously.

"Nothing, j-just about the stone process immortality," was all the young girl could answer.

"Do Daddy a favor, would you, little wolf?" The grin turns into a smirk again.

"Y-Yes, anything for you, Daddy!"

"I want you to continue listening to them talking anything about the Philosopher's Stone and anything relating to it," he tells her. "If you gather as much as possible, Daddy will reward you."

Her dark eyes gleam at the mention of a reward. "Ice cream?" she asked with a smile.

"Even better than ice cream."

She smiles bigger with her eyes closed.

For the next few days, the secret wolf girl continues on her schooling but sometimes will focus on anything that the trio is talking about in regards to the Stone or Flamel.

Roselia's currently readying through the assignment in her textbook. She needs to create an antidote to common poisons. "Add 1 Bezoar to the mortar. Crush into a very fine powder using the pestle." Her pale hand gently places the ingredient inside her mortar and begins crushing the ingredient. "Add 4 measures of the crushed Bezoar to your cauldron. Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to your cauldron."

At this point, Professor Snape will do his daily walk-through of the classroom making sure that each student is doing their assignment and not playing around. His cold, stone eyes trail over towards the familiar sight of the white-haired Hufflepuff student. He doesn't really care for Hufflepuffs very much, but the quiet student does her work and doesn't bother him, so she's on his favorite list. Snape is also impressed that Roselia places the crushed Bezoar first before the Standard Ingredient because many students will place them both together, ruining the potion without knowing.

Softpaw lets it heat at medium heat for five seconds before realizing what the next step is. She looks at it closely and freaks out a little. "Wave your wand." Using her wand became something the secret wolf struggles with because she processes wandless magic - strong wandless magic. Roselia waves her fake wand while secretly swinging her wolf tail under her skirt. She leaves it to brew and after forty minutes of reading for her other classes and this class, she returns with the pewter cauldron. The process completes with a brass cauldron after thirty-four minutes, and thirty minutes with the copper cauldron.

"Add one pinch of Unicorn Horns to your cauldron. Stir two times, clockwise. Add two Mistletoe Berries to your cauldron."

Snape looks on secretly at his favorite Hufflepuff student.

"Stir two times, anti-clockwise. Wave your wand to complete the potion."

He notices her struggling a bit at the last part, which on occasion he will see her struggle with anything that requires a wand movement. An eyebrow raised at this. Maybe Professor Snape should look closer at his favorite student.