IX

Possible spoilers between the ⭐🦋 and 🦋⭐.

— OoOoO — O — OoOoO — O — OoOoO —

Star stood before her closet in her undies, trying to decide what to wear. Over the weeks since she returned, she had become more and more uncomfortable wearing any of her old clothes, resized to fit her matured body. Although, in most ways, she still felt and thought like she did before her two years of hell, there were some changes, which Star figured were due simply to being older.

Star fingered her favorite dinosaur skirt, remembering how she had been told many times that she dressed like a fourth grader. She didn't care then, and didn't care now, but it no longer felt right to her, especially after her meltdown. The biggest clue that she needed a change was that she was no longer built like a ten-year-old boy; her height and muscles were not the only things that had increased in size. Hers would never be as large as Jackie's, nor as shapely as Janna's, but what she had was enough that during that first visit to the Diazes after her return, Angie had taken her aside for a chat. Angie privately mentioned that the blouse Star was wearing clearly showed her need for a certain female clothing item, regardless of the teasing she still received that implied otherwise. They'd had a long discussion about the available choices, utilizing Marco's laptop so Star could see Angie's suggestions ... and embarrass Marco should he look at the browser history ... then placed a few orders.

Star moved to her mirror, wrapping a strap of her new racerback sports bra around a finger as she looked at her new curves. She turned in profile to check out her silhouette, then turned so she could see her backside. Have to admit, even being muscular, it's still a nice bubble butt, she thought. Star turned back to face the mirror, and as she admired her reflection, her thoughts couldn't help straying to Marco.

Star knew Marco loved her for her, and that he was proud of her warrior-princess qualities, but she also wanted to be attractive for him; not only because she loved him and wanted to be her best for him, but she had discovered she liked Marco lustfully ogling her.

Finally, Star decided that if she dressed like a fourth grader at fourteen, she might as well dress like a fourteen-year-old at seventeen. She spun, casting, "Radiant Shadow Transform," but without directing the magic toward a specific look. There was a pink flash as the magic clothed her and applied makeup. She stood in front of her mirror, looking at the result.

The magic had reproduced Star's exact outfit, makeup, and hair from when she went goth after her discussion with the school guidance counselor, Mister Candle, had so depressed her. She smiled seeing the purple lip gloss and shorter, purple, hair, completely shaved off on one side, the blue leggings and boots, the heavy mascara, and the black choker. The magic had even reproduced the skull stickers over her Magic-Pips.

Star's smile slowly faded. That look didn't feel right to her, either. She spun a few times looking in the mirror, her smile reappearing.

"Radiant Shadow Transform!"

— OoOoO — 1 — OoOoO — 1 — OoOoO —

Marco walked into Star's bedroom, suddenly stopping and dropping the vintage ebook he was carrying when he spied Star standing in the middle of the room. She twirled once, then asked, "So, what do you think?"

"Uh, you look absolutely stunning in any ..."

"Nope, nuh unh," Star interrupted. "Don't do that. Tell me what you really think."

Marco clamped his mouth shut, then walked around Star twice, appraising her look. She wore a thin, short-sleeved, black, tee-shirt, with lacy ends to the sleeves and open neck. It was tucked into a blue-plaid, knee length, skirt, with a black leather grommet belt loosely draped over it at her waist. Her knee-length boots were dark blue, with lighter blue laces, soles, fringe like her cowgirl boots, and flat heels. She wore no leggings. Her only makeup was a heavy application of deep purple lip gloss, and her only jewelry a purple-leather studded wrist band and her heart locket.