Chapter 2

3rd person's POV
"Well, Sasha and Marcy are dating."

Once she heard that, she froze as she felt her stomach sink.

She felt a little nauseous, as she tried to muster up a fake smile.

"Um, sorry, I must've misheard you, what did you say?"

The frog sighed before saying. "Look kid, I don't want to repeat it again."

There was clear pity and sympathy in his voice, which Anne hated, but she understood why he was like that.

"Oh, okay." She muttered as her fake smile dropped.

It stayed silent and the frog was about to turn around but she had stopped him.

"Wait! What's your proof?"

"What?" He asked.

"Like... What makes you so sure that they're dating?"

He sighed and said. "Well, they were holding hands and they seemed very close."

Anne frowned deeply as she felt tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oh... Okay, thanks I've heard enough." She said, her voice wavering.

The frog hesitated but decided to leave her alone, which she was grateful for.

Once he was a good distance away, Anne sobbed and let some of her tears fall.

She decided not to go back to the Plantar's house since she didn't want any of them to see her like this, and she did need the fresh air.

She walked around aimlessly, eyes glued to the ground so no one saw her silent tears.

While on the walk, it gave her time to think, when had Sasha and Marcy started dating? And why hadn't she noticed it? They did seem pretty close after all.

She frowned as Marcy filled her thoughts.

A sad smile formed at the thought of her.

Marcy... She didn't do anything wrong, she was just following her heart, like I was gonna do earlier.

A frown found its way on her face as she thought of her other best friend, and the girl who was dating Marcy.

Sasha... She's pretty, I understand why Marcy chose her over me, oh how I envy her-

No! I shouldn't think like that, the important thing is that they're happy! Yeah, that's right...

Another thought rebutted at that.

But are you happy?

She pushed that thought away before sighing.

"I'll let them date... but I can't face them for a bit, not yet." She murmured to herself.

So she decided to avoid them, or at least to avoid Marcy.

It might be hard for her, but seeing her loving someone else would be harder.

To be continued..