Chapter 16: Resolution

3rd person's POV
"Marcy..."

Mia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and said. "What? No, I'm Mia-"

"Not you, her." Anne said, cutting off the other girl but still looking past her.

Mia instinctively turned to look, and saw the girl that Anne mentioned.

"Oh, I'll leave you to it then." Mia said and turned back to her with a sincere smile.

Anne didn't hear her as she was staring at the girl that had confused her so much.

Before Mia could leave, Anne snapped out of her trance and grabbed her arm.

"Wait! Can... Can you stay near for a bit, you know, just in case?"

Mia was slightly confused but nodded nonetheless.

She had let go of her arm and Mia walked a bit further.

Marcy finally walked up to Anne, she hadn't seen Mia since she was rehearsing what to say while looking at her shoes.

She had finally looked up and locked eyes with the brunette, which made an involuntary blush creep onto her cheeks.

Suddenly, all of the rehearsing she had spent doing had been thrown out the window, as she forgot it and got lost in the other girls eyes.

"Anne, I- uh, can we talk?"

The brunette averted her eyes away from the girl, which made Marcy's stomach sink slightly, but she nodded begrudgingly.

"Okay... Uh, I know you said you needed space, and I respect that! I just- I've been really worried about you and I just wanted to see how you were doing."

Anne couldn't help the way her lips twitched upward, she honestly did find it cute how Marcy cared.

"It's fine, you had good intentions, so I understand, anyways, is that all or...?"

Marcy let out a shaky breath before saying.

"Um, I just kind of wanted to explain the Sasha incident."

Anne's smile faltered and she nodded slowly.

"Okay, go on."

"Well... Me and Sasha didn't end up kissing, you know. And it just- I don't like her, and I doubt she likes me, and I only kissed her because I missed you and saw some of you in her, and I know that doesn't excuse anything, and I don't blame you if you're still upset with me or don't wanna talk to me, I just thought you should know the truth."

It stayed silent as Marcy felt her nerves growing more.

Finally though, Anne walked away and went up to Mia, who was around the house, which made Marcy's shoulders slump as she felt sadness washing over her.

The two girls were talking out of Marcy's hearing range and she felt more and more anxious.

Marcy turned, and right as she was about to leave, one of the girls turned towards her.

She ran up to Marcy and once the raven-haired girl turned around, she was face to face with Anne, but before she could process it, Anne's  hands were on her cheek and she leant in to kiss her.

Marcy froze out of shock, but once she realized what was happening, she melted into the kiss and kissed back.

Their lips moved in sync as they both tried to put all their emotions into it.

Confusion, a newfound sense of urgency, and most importantly, love.

They wanted to continue kissing, but they knew they would have to pull away soon since they could feel their oxygen fading.