Chapter 5

(A/N: Hey guys! I'm back with a new chapter! As I said in the last chapter this was going to involve the scorpion faunus, Tyrian and a bit of a warning here that this chapter will have a bit of profanity but I didn't want to put to much of it in here. I hope that is okay. Anyways enjoy!)

Recap...

      The three walked until they heard some commotion going on in the next village over so they made their way there quickly. As they approached the village, they could see a group fighting what looked to be a scorpion faunus, and just by the look of him, Raven already got a bad feeling about him.

Present...

      The faunus already looked to be bad news, they dodged all of the groups attempts of attacking them. Raven felt the urge to jump into the fight to help, she turned to Qrow only to see that he wasn't there. Looking in the direction of the fight, both Ryker and Raven heard a loud 'CLANG' witnessing Qrow block the faunus's scorpion tail with his broadsword preventing the girl in red on the ground from getting hurt.

      Glancing at Ryker, his expression told her the same, he agreed to help as well. The two hunters turned and ran up to help Qrow and the rest of the group.

      "Look pal. I'm not sure who you are, but you need to leave my niece alone." Qrow growled.

      The faunus chuckled, "Why friend, my name is Tyrian, and I'm afraid that is not possible. My assignment from her Grace was to retrieve this girl. So... that is what I must do. One does not upset the Queen."

      'Queen? What the hell? Alright this bastard is crazy. He is already creeping me out with his crazy talk.' Raven thought. Tyrian crouched down, tail positioned threateningly and launched himself at Qrow, both of them dodging and attacking, soon two others from the group tried to attack the faunus although Tyrian was able to kick them away and ran at them.

      At this point, both Ryker and Raven jumped in to help Qrow and the others with Qrow blocking Tyrian's arm blades and pushed him back demanding to not come closer. Though Ryker and Raven drew their weapons and attacked.

(I'm going to skip the majority of the fight because I suck at describing it. Sorry.)

Raven P.O.V.

      The fight between Qrow and this Tyrian guy had gone back and forth. Both taking advantages to try to win the fight, but none of them proved any success yet. At this point, the girl in red tried to help Qrow from the rooftops but came down after Qrow was pulled into building by Tyrian's scorpion tail and the battle continued.

      Tyrian charged at Qrow, only for the girl to intervene and block the incoming attack. "RUBY!" Yelled the blonde. So that's her name? "Do you wish to be taken?!" Tyrian asked.

      "No. But I won't stand by and watch someone get hurt!" She said. Both Qrow and Ruby charged at the faunus, though the faunus blocked their attacks and the battle continued while Qrow scolded Ruby for not staying away. A wooden beam cracked as it was about to topple over Ruby. Quickly Qrow had cut the beam in time but.... that wasn't until Tyrian had gotten the best of him.

      His tail had managed to cut Qrow on the side of his chest and knowing that it was a scorpion tail for that matter, most likely had poisoned him too.

      Rage started to boil inside me as I charged at Tyrian, my twin scythes out, as if they were hungry for blood and sliced Tyrian's tail in half. He cried out in pain as he cowered away from me. "YOU BITCH!!" He yelled, looking at me furiously. Though as he stared at me, he looked at me in fear. My red eyes were glowing furiously at him. I slowly started walking to him as he backed up, my scythes held in both of my hands. He bolted in the other direction.

      I was about to chase after him when a weak voice called to me, "Raven." I stopped in my tracks.

      Turning around I looked at Qrow kneeling on the ground, his left hand on the right side of his chest where Tyrian had cut him. But his red eyes were focused on my glowing ones. I don't know why... but looking into his red eyes brought a sense of calming to me. Something that brought me back down to earth. I'm not sure why... but they did. 

      Clenching my eyes shut, sighing and opening them again, he could see my eyes return to normal. Sheathing my scythes, I rushed to his side and immedietely checked his injury. His blood already getting onto his hand. But knowing that Tyrian had poisoned Qrow... well... I could only hope that we can get him help and treat it as soon as possible.

      Before it gets any worse.

(A/N: Hey guys! I finally gotten done with Chapter 5! Sorry about not posting it sooner but I was finally able to finish working on it. I just want to give a heads up that this story is going to have slow updates with me now having a job and working full-time but I do promise to continue writing this story and at some point I do want to introduce what kind of semblance Ryker has but I'm still thinking on what it should be. But I hope you all enjoyed the new chapter. I hope you all have a good day/night! PEACE!!)