Chapter 2

Raven P.O.V.

          Qrow and  have been walking through this forest for what seemed like forever now. All there was to look at was just trees and bushes endlessly. Black flew back to us from seeing if there were any grimm around. There were only be a few beowolves and some ursas around. But no big deal. As long as I have Black to warn m if any were coming; I'll be ready.

          We decided to set up camp for the night in a clearing near a cliff at the edge of the forest. I set up the campfire and Black went up to the trees to watch for any incoming grimm. Both Qrow and I sat at one end of the fire, staring into its never-ending dance.

          "So, what's your story?" Qrow asked.

          "Huh?" I said confused about what Qrow was asking.

          "What do you mean?" I asked him.

          "What I mean, what's your story?" Qrow asked again.  looked away, not wanting to say anything. I stood up and grabbed my weapon, sheathed it on my back and started to walk away from the campsite. No before saying, "I'm going to go scout for any grimm coming by." Qrow nodded. Black came down from his branch in the tree and landed on my shoulder.

          "You're going to have to stay here." I whispered to the bird. Black cawed, flying back up into the tree. I looked back towards Qrow who looked with those red orbs of his.

          "If you hear Black do his caw call, that means that there are grimm nearby. Got it?" I told him. He nodded. I nodded back towards him. I turned around and left the campsite.

Qrow P.O.V.

          I watched as Raven left the campsite, seeing her form disappear. I sighed. Black flew down to the ground, he cawed, "You know she wasn't always like this." He said. My eyes widen, 'Since when can he talk telepathically?'  I asked myself. "What do you mean?" I asked.

         "What I mean, is that she was never this quiet and cold. Not when it happened." He spoke again. "What happened?" I asked again.

          "You'll know soon." He said, ending the conversation, flapping his wings, flying back up the tree to keep watch.

Raven P.O.V.

          So far no grimm were around. Usually there are loads of grimm who would come out of these very bushes and attack anything in their path. But this was the strangest thing yet. Soon I heard rustling coming from the bushes nearby. Upon instinct, I readied my weapon, prepared for anything to attack me. The rustling continued to get nearer. It jumped out at me and I quickly dodged out of the way.

          But what I saw was someone who I never wanted to see ever again.

          "Father." I growled in a cold tone.

          He chuckles lowly, "Oh I rather prefer you call me Drexel... Raven." He said. "Whatever." I said, getting into a fighting stance. "Now, now. Is this anyway to treat your father."

          "Like I would ever call you my father." I snickered.

          "Fine. Have it your way." He said. He brought out his twin gunblades and got into a fighting stance as well. We charged at each other and our fight began.

 We charged at each other and our fight began

(A/N: Drexel's weapon)

Time Skip...

          We fought for what seemed like forever. I managed to get a few good hits on him, but I was starting to feel my energy depleting. "Heh. I can see you're starting to get exhausted." He snorted.

          I was breathing heavily, I suddenly saw a red and black glyph appear before him, with a grimm approaching. His semblance is called Grimm Summon. It allows him to have the ability to tame and summon any grimm he so choses. But what he brought forth was non other than a Nuckelavee Grimm. To be honest, it was the most terrifying looking grimm I have ever seen.

 To be honest, it was the most terrifying looking grimm I have ever seen

          "GO! ATTACK!" Drexel yelled. The grimm charged its arms at me. I barely had any time to react before he crashed me into a tree. Blood spat out of my mouth. I landed on the ground harshly. I struggled to stand up but managed. It charged its arms at me again. This time I had an idea . I triggered my sword to transform into my twin scythes, I threw them at the arms of the Nuckelavee, trapping them to nearby trees. It screeched so loud that anybody's ears would bleed. It crouched forward. I grabbed a hidden knife in my boot, approached the massive beast, cutting both of its arms off, and then the head. It soon disintegrated into black smoke.

          "I-Impossible!" Drexel exclaimed surprisingly.

          I chuckled. He growled, pointed his weapon and shot me. I gasped from the immense pain that came from my abdomen. I grit my teeth together. I shot Drexel a glare before smirking. I ran towards him and stabbed him in the chest, ending his life.

          I ripped my blade from his chest and went to retrieve my scythes. Since at least I have seen his semblance once, I can now use it whenever I desire to. But right now, I would come in handy. I stretched out my hand as a red and black glyph appeared as another Nuckelavee grimm approached me. But this one just by looking at it, it would obey my every command.

          "Take me back... to the campsite." I said, my voice raspy. The grimm nodded, using its long arms to grab me and placed me on its fused horse, and walked back to the camp.

Qrow P.O.V.

          It's ben awhile since Raven left camp. I wonder where she is. I sighed, taking out my flask and taking a drink. Once I was satisfied, I put it away. So far Black hasn't called for any grimm around. Usually there's lots of grimm nearby. Hearing a rustle of bushes moving in close, Black called, seeing a nearby grimm close by. The grimm emerged from the bushes. I finally was able to see what he grimm is.

          "It's a Nuckelavee." Black said. "And it has Raven." He continued.

          Raven was on its back with her eyes closed. I grabbed my weapon if it were to ever attack any second. But instead, the Nuckelavee wrapped their freakishly long arms around Raven, and carefully laid her on the ground. It's strange. Grimm would rather just try to attack things in sight, but this one seemed vaguely different from any other grimm. Raven groaned clutching her bleeding abdomen tighter. She slowly, but forcefully opened her eyes only to slowly open up a glyph, looking up at the grimm.

          "Go. You've... helped a... lot." Her raspy voice said. The beast walked through the glyph and disappeared.

          "What the hell?" I whispered to myself.

          Raven chuckles , "Pretty surprised, huh Qr-"But before she could finish she coughed out blood. I quickly rushed to her side along with Black.

Normal P.O.V.

          Qrow and Black came rushing to Raven's side to see blood trickle from her mouth down to her chin. Qrow removed her hand away from her wound trying to see the damage that was caused, only to see that she was shot,. Raven could barely stay conscious, as she slowly started t close her eyes. Qrow gripped her shoulder.

          "Hey. Stay with me." He said in a firm voice, as he started to treat her wound. But Raven couldn't hear him very well as she soon passed out from the amount of blood she was using.