Chapter 4

Normal P.O.V.

"So what happened here anyway?" Raven asked. Ryker didn't answer at first. He tried to think where he should start. Should he trust them? They could be dangerous. But they seem to be nice enough. "Well... it started out like any normal day."

"Everything was normal. There was no danger in our peaceful village, though we all had to learn to fight so we could defend ourselves... but... one night, everything went to chaos." Ryker could hear the dying screams of his friends and family. "Giant grimms had attacked us and I DON'T KNOW WHY?! But when I find them... I'm going to make sure that it doesn't harm anyone or anything... ever again."

"What grimms attacked your village?" asked Qrow. No response was given immediately.

Ryker uttered one word, "...Sphinx."

Slowly the shrill cries of the grimms filled his head. He gripped it to try to get the sounds out of his head but it proved to be difficult. All the death, all the cries, it was too much for him to handle."No... No. Please... don't. Don't." Ryker whimpered. Seeing Ryker suffer like this, it's not right. He shouldn't have had to endure something like that. Raven wanted to protect this poor boy and take his suffering away. She got up making Qrow question what she was going to do. Raven stretched out her arms and hugged Ryker.

Ryker snapped out of it as soon as her arms wrapped around him. It felt so genuine and warm. He had this feeling... the feeling of being safe and protected. He hugged back. It lasted for while for while before Raven pulled away. "Thank you." He said. "A-Anyway. Those grimms are going to pay for what they did." Raven and Qrow smiled at his confidence. "Then I want to show you something." Raven walked away for a bit at a good distance. The same glyph appeared and a Sphinx grimm appeared from whatever depths it resides from within the glyph.

Ryker gasped as he felt the fear come back to him. Raven approached him with the grimm following right behind her. Sensing his fear she reassured him, "It's alright. He won't hurt you. He's under my control."

"H-How did you do that." Ryker stuttered.

"Well I have a semblance called Copy. It allows me to use other hunter's and huntresses semblances but I have to at least see them once to be able to use them. After I met Qrow, I had a run in with my so called "father". His semblance is called Grimm Summon which allows him to summon any type of grimm. And his foolishness cost him his life." The Sphinx walked closer to Ryker, sniffing before nuzzling him. Raven made the glyph appear again and the grimm left.

"That's amazing."

"The other thing is is that I don't know what Qrow's semblance is. I haven't seen it yet. The same goes for yours. But it doesn't matter right now. Well we should probably get going."

Qrow and Ryker nod at her agreeing. "And I promise you Ryker, that you will never suffer again. Just like I once did." Raven muttered to herself, only Black heard her as he flew back to her shoulder.

Time Skip...

The three walked until they heard some commotion going on in the next village over so they made their way there quickly. As they approached the village, they could see a group fighting what looked to be a scorpion faunus, and just by the look of him, Raven already got a bad feeling about him.

(A/N : Hey guys! I finally updated after a year and I apologize that I haven't been doing so, but I present to you all with a freshly made chapter. And I will be working on Chapter 5 as we speak. And speaking of which, the scorpion faunus if you have watched volume 4, you know where I am going with this. heheheh. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed. Have a good day/night and I hope you all are doing well and staying safe. PEACE!)