Chapter 7

Bang! Door slams.

Darn! I get up from the bed, come to the window and open it. Well... a rainbow during the rain without the sun. Hah! The same. Impossible...

Breath in, breath out trying to feel this rainy breeze. I need to calm down. Hill, forest, mountains, rainbow, wind... This everything looks like... looks like so unnatural. It's like I imagine those pink fairytales while mummy's storytelling. Ugh! Don't want to see it anymore. I turn around.

Well... A yellow ceiling, green walls, furniture... I'm trying to examine the room, its every corner. I'm like an animal in a cage. To and fro, looking for, to and fro, looking for. What am I looking for? A good question! The mess is in my head not here.

I stay next to the door, so I can see the whole room. Look pinky nice. A big cozy bed, a wardrobe, a dressing table, a green squashy carpet... I'm looking for... I looking for nothing!

Well, give up, honey. There's nothing. I checked every corner. Nothing. In the wardrobe, there are some usual clothes. Several items on the dressing table [I couldn't find a label]. Ok. I sit on a bed.

Breath in. Breath out. I must make it clear. Well...

A white room, a cozy bed, then a door, darkness ... BANG! A forest, dull pain, mum, a guy from these magazines [oh, it's like I forgot his name! Darn! Lushifer? Hmm, nope].

The funniest thing is that I remember everything not clear... a bit blurry. Moreover, I do not remember the details... like small things... Oh my!

I have a look at the window. The sky is covered with orange color. Is it a sunset? How much time have I been here at all?

Ugh! I lie on the bed. There are so many questions and no answers. I wonder why I stay so calm as if it should be... Should it be? Hmmm... Of course, no!

A yellow ceiling. I look straight at it. Looks like cream on cake or like... Ah! Lemon! Ooh! I adore it, so can't live without a bit slice. A day without a lemon it's like a day without a good article for the university paper. This is a sour candy for my mind. Yum-yum!

Well, where was I? Oh, yes, I won't give up! I'll make everything clear!

So, what I have. I'm here, in an unknown place with well-known or not well-known people. And ... Did I say 'well-known'? Oh, sorry, I made a mistake. What a bad liar! I'm here with STRANGERS! I mean it. For instance, when I see my mum this is her, but when I have some talk with this woman this is NOT her! [ Maybe this is her twin? Lol].

I've never been so close to my mum, because she can't see everything but my brother [step one!] George. There is nothing but George in her life. In their life. My dad is also a fan of Perfect George. I need to be like him. Perfect! That's why I tried to do my best to live apart [ alas, I failed, and I live with George now... and his jokes. Cool!].

So, I've never been so close to my family as well. I think they even don't know my favorite color. But! They believe I need to be like George. And how I can be like he if he has done something special. I mean like... like if he does his best in programming it doesn't mean he's the greatest. Why when I write something good, they don't take it seriously. I... I... mustn't be like George! I... I... must be –

Knock-knock! A door opens and I hear an unknown voice.

"Hey, Shaky-Shaky! Wake up, ma dear!" I see a girl entering the room. She comes and takes a sit on the bed.

Darn, who is it! She looks pretty. Dark complexion, curly blonde hair, big deep brown eyes, full lips... Gosh, I'm falling... and stare at her and can say nothing. That is.

"Jelly! Don't stare as if I'm a stranger. And don't be such a sleepy one! Wake up! It's time to make this world shine!" And she starts to sing. Something about a sunny day, a rainbow.

Stop! She wants me to wake up, but... it's like... Ah! I can't stand it anymore! "Stop it!" She looks at me as I was something scary. Oh, it was very angry, I'm so sorry... I look at her with my eyes full of confusion. Eye to eye contact.

She takes her courage and goes first. "Jelly, are you... ok? Ms Rosy said that you have some problem with your memory, but she didn't say that you.... You..." It's like one more word and she will burst into tears. Darn! I didn't want to hurt her...

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be rude... and..." I sit on the bed and take her hand. "I'm sorry... You know... hmm..." If only I knew her name, so I look at her with these begging.

"Caroline" she takes my hand and holds it in her warm palms with her gentle smile. "Carry is my name, Jelly" Awww, her eyes are ocean but I am a sinking ship here!

"Yes ... Caroline... I mean ... Carry. I'm... I'm so sorry for my behavior. You know, something... something happened and... and... I here—"

"I see Jelly. I feel you. It's ok," her voice and hands are so soothing, but at the same time there is not a good feeling, but her look and manners. So mesmerizing! "Ms Rosy told me everything. I'm so sorry, but we'll get through it. I promise!" she hugs me.

Gosh, it's so nice. She's so incredible and I want this moment to last forever. She's like a person with a big heart. With a golden heart! I feel it, but at the same time, I feel like something wrong is happening... something fake. I look at her.

"As far as I can understand... Are we friends?"

She turns away from me, embarrassed. A slight blush appears on her cheeks but after a moment, she looks at me with a sweet smile, as if nothing has happened.

"We are more than friends!"