Chapter 8

I'm fascinated by this girl. Her brown skin, curly blond hair... She has a straight nose, cute dimples while smiling. Her cherry lips... And her deep blue eyes... I feel like I'm a sinking ship there...

I look at her and want to learn more about her, so I know nothing. I don't know our past but believe in our present or even future. At the same time, I have some feelings inside of me. It's difficult to explain and maybe this point is not important. I feel something wrong inside. I feel my heart beating gets slower. It's like I must explore every inch of her body to learn more. I still look at her...

"Jelly! Hello! Don't stare at me like that! Is everything ok?" She raises her left eyebrow and tilts her head.

I smile. "As far as I can understand... Are we friends?"

She turns away from me, embarrassed. A slight blush appears on her cheeks but after a moment, she looks at me with a sweet smile, as if nothing has happened.

"We are more than friends!"

Well... Now it's my turn to be puzzled. What does it mean? I can't get it. I have some problems with logic, but I'll try. So, if we're more than friends, we're ... Goddess! I got it! Easy peasy! We are...

"Besties!" I shot, but she doesn't say anything, just keeps looking at me with that sweet innocent babyface. "Carry, we are besties, aren't we?"

She bursts into laugh "Jelly, you're so funny! As usual, I should say! Well, do you remember the summer when we were picking herbs for --- "

Knock-knock. Ugh, no! Why at this moment? Ah! Who is it?

The door opens and I see my mum's head.

"Jelly, uncle Cluck is here" she enters the room and looks at us [She's like a robot from that movie. At first, she scans me and then Carry. I don't trust her]. "Carry could you excuse us?"

"Oh, yes, Ms. Rosy! I understand" she hugs me and comes to the door. On her way to the exit, she gives me a smile and waves. "I'll be back soon, Shaky-Shaky!"

I wave back to her. Isn't she cute?

So, we're alone in the room. Mum takes the chair at the dressing table and sits opposite. She is looking at me and keeps smiling. At first, it can seem like everything is fine, but it is not fine! Mum's never ever been so caring and open-hearted to me. We've always been in two different worlds. I mean it. Did this atmosphere influence her?

"Honey," she starts with this sweet voice I've never heard before. "Before you'll meet uncle Cluck, I want to know and I want you to know something, dear..." Well... I'm all ears mummy.

I see she is absolutely direct with me; it means that this conversation is really serious. "Since the day when I found you in the forest, your condition hasn't improved. So... hmm... you remember nothing before, but what about the present? You always sleep, almost don't eat anything, don't want to talk with me. You're like not the Jelly... and I... Jelly, I'm worried about you." I see tears coming into her eyes. "Maybe... Could you say me what happened? Why did you run away from that fair? Why you behave like this?"

What?? I try all my best not to burst into laugh [ Thanks to God, I'm a better actress than she, so I can put on my poker face whenever I need to]. So, this woman tells me I've been there for some period sleeping all the time. So why it's like there wasn't any time gap. I feel like no more than 2 hours have passed. Ok, let it be. She says I haven't eaten anything and don't talk to her. Really? There was a conversation! Why when I ask, you don't give me answers, but you want to know everything I don't! Where did I run away from? What a fucking fair?! You! You little-!

Well! I want everything to be clear, so let's play in your game. It's very funny! I have nothing to lose, so... I'm like to see her pain [what a bad actress].

I put on my gentle smile. "Let's call uncle Cluck and make me alive again."

"Oh, I agree with you. Let's call him"

A second and I see something strange appear in her eyes. She gets up with this evil grin. What's this? Ok! I keep playing a good one.

Another second and there is darkness. I can see nothing, I can't move. I feel something is very close to my back, then an unintelligible whisper in my ear. I'm trying to feel the space around me. Nothing!

A second and I see IT. My heart is beating very slowly. Tick-tock, tick-tock! It's getting closer. Tick-tock, tick-tock! Here we are looking at each other. Tick-tock, tick-tock! I'm not afraid of it. Tick-tock, tick-tock! It's grinning.

There is anger inside so I speak through my teeth. "Get lost". It's laughing.

A second and I found myself alone in the room. Tick-tock!