X

It was almost Christmas, which meant Harry could finally ask Remus and Sirius the right questions. Like what happened, because as much as Harry loved unraveling the mystery of his father's Hogwarts life it was getting to his head.

He was sat in a train compartment with his knees up to his chest, the diary resting on top of them. He turned the page to find a peice of parchment folded with James written on the front in immaculate hand writing.

Dear James

I know it's only the beginning of the break but I probably won't be able to send this later. So Merry Christmas I guess?

I don't trust Sirius being here for the holidays, but my parents made him come (as you probably know)

I hope you guys didn't let him come up with a stupid plan, my parents are done with him. You know what they will do if he try's something.

Please just don't let do anything that will get him hurt, he doesn't listen to my warnings anymore.

Regulus

James put down the letter, not noticing he had been biting his lips. His mother came up putting an arm on his shoulder.

"Are you alright love?" James looked up giving a small smile. Shrugging slightly.

"I'm okay mum, just worried about Sirius." Euphemia nodded, leaning over slightly to read the start of the letter before James flipped it over, completely too suspiciously but she let it slide. Nodding to him before walking back into the kitchen.

"Regulus as in Black?" James turned red as he heard Euphemia chuckle from the kitchen.

"We're just friends" Euphemia sat down on the sofa with tea in her hand. She smiled softly into the cup.

"I never said you weren't" James looked to the side his red cheeks not going down.

"I know... I was just saying" Euphemia laughed quietly, she turned to face James with a loving smile.

"You can always come to me. Especially if he's not just a friend, I would never judge you because of something like that" James smiled, his thumb brushing over his other hand softly. Thinking about the day at the tree.

"I- I really like him mum..." Euphemia smiled at James tracing the top of her mug.

"I know"

_______

Euphemia >>>>>