Part 4

--- (y/n)'s P.O.V. ---

"Five!...six!...seven!...eight!"

I ran outside as I heard kids counting, I was afraid they were up to something. I relaxed once I saw them near Joaquin, who was exercising with one of the kids on his back. I smiled at the sight and leaned against the doorframe.

"Ten!"

Joaquin got up taking the kid off his back into his hands and down on the ground.

"Alright, that's enough. My back is starting to hurt."

"Please, señor Joaquin, can you show us more sword practice?"

Asked one of the boys with sweet look on his face.

"Let's leave it for tomorrow, kids. I'm really tired."

All kids tried to beg Joaquin more, trying to convince him to stay. I sighed and went near them.

"Kids, let señor Joaquin rest. He'll come back tomorrow and it's dinner time."

I shooed all kids inside, which left only me and Joaquin outside. Joaquin turned at me, his lips parted like he wanted to say something, but he couldn't bring himself to say it. I cut his thoughts off.

"Just promise me you'll come back tomorrow."

He smiled sweetly at me.

"Sure, that's no problem."

"Sister!"

I turned at the voice, it was Marcos, I ran to him and hugged him as he got down from his horse. I turned at Joaquin to see him slowly leaving, I smiled and waved at him he waved back.

--- third person's P.O.V. ---

Xibalba and La Muerte landed on the roof of a church, Xibalba stretched his wings.

"We weren't there for a long time. Let's see how our champions are doing."

La Muerte hummed in agreement, but her eyes caught the sight of Joaquin and a girl.

"Would you look at that, your boy is here and he seems to have a new friend."

Xibalba leaned closer, but scoffed away once he saw a girl waving at Joaquin.

"Just one of those girl fans of his, nothing important."

"I think it's more than that."

"You believe way too much in these humans and their hearts and feelings."

Xibalba flapped his wings as he walked away from the edge of the roof.

"You really need to change your opinion on them."

La Muerte just turned to him and chuckled.

"You should too then."

Xibalba scoffed one last time before he flew away.

--- somewhere else ---

"I will avenge you, father. No matter what it takes."