000

"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child
See heaven's got a plan for you"

"Don't you worry, don't you worry, childSee heaven's got a plan for you"

_________________________

Finally the day came. Solana's gift ceremony! Everyone was super excited, especially her parents. Everything just had to be perfect for their little girl. Mirabel's task was to find her little sister and to get her ready for the big day. The older girl wasn't exactly what you called happy since her ceremony was a total disappointment last year when she didn't receive a gift. But that didn't mean her sister wouldn't. And if, Solana wouldn't be that sad about it. But she still hoped to get one.

Mirabel entered the kids room, looking around for her baby sister. She heard a small giggle from underneath the blanket and smiled to herself. "I wonder if Sol is under this blanket.", said Mirabel and laughed in victory as she pulled the purple blanket away. "Bel!", exclaimed Solana and hugged her big sister in defense. Both fell down on Solana's bed and bursted out in giggles. "Today is your big day, Sol." "I don't want that.", confessed the 5 year old to her 1 year older sister. "What if I don't get a gift?" "I promise you will get one.", said Mirabel and cupped her baby sister's cheeks. "Just because I didn't get one doesn't mean you won't." "What if it's bad?", asked the little girl again and cuddled further into her sister's warm side. "What if it's not?", asked her older sister, Luisa from the door. "What if it's beautiful?", chimed now Isabela.

"We're sure your gift will be amazing. Así se hace hermana.", said Mirabel and put on her sister's shoes on her feet. Isabela did her hair with a beautiful purple flower in it. Luisa then picked her up, carrying her to their parents. It was an understatement to say that Solana was nervous but that's how everyone felt. Casita showed them the clock. It was time for Solana to receive her gift.

●●●

Everyone from the village came to see the youngest Madrigal recieving her gift. It was the biggest event and no one wanted to miss it. Pepa and her husband, Felíx, held everyone in their spot. Alma then shushed down everyone and prepared the candle. She did her speech like every year and gestured towards the closed blinds. On the other side stood Solana, more nervous than ever. She glanced at her sisters with tears sparkling in her eyes. All three gave her encouraging thumbs ups and blown kisses. Casita couldn't wait any longer. The floors moved the little girl further away from her older sisters. All eyes were now on her. And she didn't like that at all. Solana felt anxiety running over her and prepared to run away until she felt someone holding her hand. Her older cousin, Camilo, stood besides her. He smiled at his baby cousin and squeezed her hand lightly, showing her she wasn't alone.

The girl smiled and ignored everyone's confused looks. Both walked side by side and it felt good. At the end of the staircase stopped Camilo and lifted Solana's chin up. "Show them who you are, sunshine!", he whispered and kissed the top of her head gently before leaving her. The girl sighed and began to climb up the stairs. With every step she took the more nervous she became. Was she going to get a gift? Or was she going to end up like Mirabel? Living in the shadows of their family members. Alma looked down at her youngest granddaughter and smiled brightly. The girl touched the candle and began to feel a sudden warmth. She caught her parents' looks of worry but decided to ignore them for her own good. Solana walked to the door and touched the handle. She opened the door and it began to light up with her name, showing everyone her gift.

The door opened itself and revealed Solana's new room. It was in a warm yellow with a touch of red and orange. In every corner were candles that were waited to light up. Once Solana stepped inside, she flicked her hand and the room lit up with light. She began to step further inside and started to light up every candle. Her gift was something no one ever imagined to be: fire. A dangerous element that could be used for both, good and bad. But Solana was a smart girl.

"Once again blessed our Casita someone with a magical gift. Solana has the fire element!", announced Alma and got everyone to cheer. Luisa picked up her little sister and began to dance around with her. A big party was thrown in honor of Solana's gift. She began right away to show everyone the things she could do. Mirabel stood in the corner, a sad expression on her face. How much she wished that Solana didn't receive a gift. The brunette 5 year old noticed her big sister's look and walked over to her. She embraced Mirabel in a big hug that lasted longer than a minute. "I love you, Sol.", responded Mirabel while hugging her baby sister. They were always close, ever since Solana was born and no gift would change that.

●●●

"Everyone, it's time for the fireworks!", yelled Augustín and got the family together. Solana got the honor to light them up because of her special night. The girl smiled as a small flame grew out of her palm. But her smile seemed to fade as the flame grew bigger and bigger. Everyone backed up from the girl, leaving her in the centre. She tried to control it but it didn't work. Fear was stronger than confidence at this point. The big flame shot out of her and hit another house in the village. The Madrigals and villagers began to panic and rushed towards the accident, leaving Solana in shock. She didn't want this to happen. After two minutes, the fire was shut down thanks to Pepa and her clouds.

"It was an accident!", cried Solana out and hugged Julieta tightly. "We know, mi amor. It wasn't your fault." "I'm sorry.", she whispered and cuddled further into her mother's embrace. Alma shared worried looks with her family and everyone seemed to think the same. Solana's powers were connected to her emotions and would be dangerous then ever. One tiny bit of emotional tension could break out a big fire that could injure everyone, including the young girl herself. Her gift might be beautiful but it was more dangerous for sure. Alma had to make sure to not let Solana overuse her gift. Because if she would, everyone was in danger. Including Solana herself.

Her gift will become stronger as she grows up and Alma feared that one day, Solana would just blow up after a tantrum and destroy everyone, including the Encanto. And that's something she had to avoid. For everyone's safety.

___________________________________

Welcome to chapter 0: origins!!!! I'm not sure if I like this one but enjoy!

DEDICATIONS

ella-sarah
LilyMoonlight14
Book_Keeper5
StarkShua1707
kltqt1
ameliaovallefelix
fictionalmensimp24