004

"There's a moment in your bones when, when the fire takes over"

____________________________

Mirabel helped her sister to get up and both ran to Antonio's room to tell their family about their discovery. "The house is in danger!", yelled Mirabel through as she and Solana freed their way from people to get to Alma. "The tiles were falling, and there were cracks everywhere." "And the candle almost went out.", added Solana with a tired look on her face. Augustín caught his daughter who collapsed out of exhaustion and brought her to Julieta. Camilo ran towards the father who was holding his daughter tightly. "I'm fine, Cami.", ensured Solana her cousin and gave him a smile. Camilo only smiled back and kissed her forehead gently. Abuela walked out with Mirabel, causing Solana to do the same despite her condition. The boy tried to protest but shut his mouth once he realized that his baby cousin wasn't going to listen to him. As all three walked downstairs, couldn't Mirabel believe what she just saw.

"Where are the cracks?", asked her younger sister confused. The doors also seemed to be fine but why was Solana still feeling tired and powerless? What was going on with her powers that the others didn't seem to feel? "The cracks were there.", insisted Mirabel worried. "They were everywhere." "The house was in trouble, the candle was...", started Solana but couldn't finish her sentence due to exhaustion. Her powers were giving in. "Abuela, we promise...", started Mirabel but got cut off by Alma. "That's enough." "Mirabel...", whispered Solana and leaned herself on her big sister. "There's nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal. The magic is strong.", ensured Alma everyone. "And so are the drinks. Please! Music!" Alma left her granddaughter behind, walking back to the event. Julieta looked down at her daughters with a worried look. What was going on with them?

●●●

"If it was all in my head, how did I cut my hand?", questioned Mirabel. "And how could Solana see it too?" The younger Madrigal looked up after finishing her fourth arepa and spoke up after swallowing it. "We would never ruin Antonio's night. Is that really what you think?", joined Julieta's youngest daughter the conversation and grabbed for another arepa only to get her hands slapped away from Casita. The girl frowned a little but then successfully stole her fifth arepa with a smile. "What I think is that today was very hard for you.", said Julita, directing her sentence towards Mirabel. The curly haired girl tried to find the right words but eventually failed at it. "I was looking out for the family.", she finally said, making her mother to look with worry in her eyes.

"I might not be super strong like Luisa or effortlessly perfect like señorita perfecta Isabela who's never had a bad hair day.", as her older sister mentioned Isabela, couldn't Solana help but to cut grimaces at that. Everyone thought of Isabela as little miss perfect but she wasn't exactly that. Solana knew better. "And I'm definitely not as bright and happy as Solana but...Whatever.", sighed Mirabel and let herself down on the counter. The curly haired opened her hand for her mother to give her an arepa to heal her wound while getting a pep talk. "You're just as special as anyone else in this family." "You just healed her hand with an arepa con queso.", pointed Solana out with a slight chuckle. "I healed her hand and your headache with my love for my daughters, with their wonderful brains and big hearts, cool glasses and cutest smile." "Mamá!", yelled Solana as her mother was hugging and kissing them both.

"I know what I saw.", stated Mirabel and tried to stay on her ground. "Mira, my brother Bruno lost his way in this family. I don't want the same for you.", said Julieta and changed her smile into a serious expression. "Get some sleep. You'll feel better tomorrow." Mirabel left, while Solana stayed behind for another arepa. She needed this energy. "As for you, what happened?", questioned her mother and gave her to eat again. "I seriously have no idea. I felt normal at first but then suddenly I felt dizzy. It felt like I was..." "Like you were what?" "Powerless."

This word send chills down Julitea's back. She had to tell her mother immediately. That's why she sent her daughter to bed without further questioning. Solana found it weird how her mother reacted but understood what an impact her answer might have. That's why she quickly changed into her nightgown and walked to the nursery.

●●●

"Bel!", whispered Solana Madrigal towards her older sister to see if she was asleep. Luckily she wasn't. The brunette laid down besides her sister, holding her hand tightly in hers. "I saw it too, Mirabel. You have not imagined this.", ensured Solana her older sister. "The candle almost burned down. And that triggered my powers." "So what are you saying?" "What I'm saying is that we're in great danger and we should get on the bottom of this.", answered Solana and got up with her sister.

Both were now outside and climbed up the roof. Mirabel was walking slowly towards the candle while Solana could easily fly over with a small fireball underneath her feet. The girl with green glasses rolled her eyes with a smile. Mirabel helped her little sister to come on the roof safely and both hid on the wall so that Alma could not see them. "Ay, Pedro. I need you.", heard the Madrigal sisters their Abuela to say towards a medallion with Pedro's picture inside. "Cracks in our casita. If our family knew how vulnerable we truly are...if our miracle is dying...we cannot lose our home again." Again?, thought Solana and looked at her sister confused. "Why is this happening? Open my eyes. If the answer is here, help me find it. Help me protect our family. Help me save our miracle.", finished Alma her prayer and walked back inside. Solana stared at where her grandmother was a few seconds ago and felt her eyes to water up. This was one of those times were she actually wasn't mad at Alma. "Sol, do you know what we're going to do?", questioned Mirabel her little sister. Sol shook her head. "What do you have in mind?" "We will save the miracle."

___________________________________

I kinda did my promise but not really

I kinda did my promise but not really. Anyway pls enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment <3

DEDICATIONS

LilyMoonlight14
ella-sarah
kltqt1
JETL4GGED
WandaMaximoffFan21
Robin_54
KarlieBeverly
StarkShua1707