006

"A seven-foot frame, rats along his back
When he calls your name it all fades to black"

"A seven-foot frame, rats along his backWhen he calls your name it all fades to black"

______________________________

Solana and Mirabel where now back at their house, ready to walk into Bruno's room. The forbidden door was nothing new to the Madrigal children, in fact, it actually awoke the interest in Solana more to explore it. And today was that day.

Mirabel and her little sister stood in front of the door, looking at each other. Sol smiled at her older sister and pushed the door open. There was a big hourglass as an entry with sand falling down. "Casita. Can you turn off the sand?", questioned Mirabel and looked at the door were Casita seemed to stop. "You can't help in here?" Casita moved the tiles to communicate with the two girls. "We'll be fine.", exclaimed Solana with a light smile. If the brunette was honest, she couldn't hold her smile any longer. She felt way too weak for that. "We need to do this." "For you, for Abuela, maybe a little for me.", whispered Mirabel the last part and sighed. "Find the vision, save the..." Mirabel Madrigal didn't seem to notice that there wasn't a real path that leads them down. Just sand. Only sand. That's why she tripped and rolled down while Solana slid down with her feet. Mirabel got up and cleaned her glasses and eyes from the sand she caught on the way down making Solana to giggle at her. Both sisters were in awe of the long staircase that was waiting for them to climb up. That was until a toucan bird landed on the stone besides Mirabel. "Oh, hello. Lot of stairs.", said the girl with glasses as she looked up. "But at least we'll have a friend." "Nope. He flew away immediately.", commented Solana and looked at her sister's mad expression to change into a optimistic one. Something, that was kind of rare to see.

"We just have to climb them up. Come on, Sol.", mentioned Mirabel to her younger sister. "I don't do stairs very well." Mirabel shrugged and began to make her way upstairs. Solana grinned and put her hands up, creating a small fire carpet. She stepped on it and let controlled it to get to her destination. Of course, Mirabel wasn't there that's why the young girl took her time and checked out their way to the next door. "Took you long enough, sis.", said Solana and smirked. "We still have to get on the other side." "Come on!", shouted Mirabel out of frustration. She prepared a swing so she could reach the other side and swung herself over. To her surprise, she actually did it. "Amateur.", whispered Solana and stepped forward to the edge. She let herself to fall, making Mirabel to shout in fear but then stopped after seeing her little sister to walk back up on smoke clouds she created. As soon as Solana felt ground under her feet, she found herself getting a large hug from Mirabel and of course a small lecture about how dangerous and stupid that was. "I'm okay Mirabel!", yelled the girl and stomped her foot on the stone, letting it to break. Mirabel dragged her sister quickly away before something happened and both watched in fear to hear how deep actually the ground was. It was very deep.

Both walked inside Bruno's actual room and looked around. Solana wasn't that much impressed as Mirabel because Bruno has already told her what it looked like. Or at least he tried to since he wasn't there since years. Mirabel shrieked in fear as three small rats came out of a vase, running to a stone portrait of their uncle. Solana gagged in disgust and picked up the toucan bird that was sitting on Mirabel's shoulder. The poor thing was shivering. That's when a vault opened itself and the bird just knew that he got to fly away. "Quitter!", yelled Solana behind him and crossed her arms over her chest. Mirabel opened the door wider and held Solana's hand tightly. "Empty.", whispered Mirabel towards her sister who squeaked in shock as the vault closed itself.