13

I wake up at 2:47 am and puke my guts out. Good news: I'm still on the floor of the bathroom so I just sit up and throw up in the toilet. Bad News: I woke Nate up and now he has to watch me throw up.

I feel his hands pull my hair back and he rubs up and down my back as I hunch over the toilet.

"Can I get you anything."

"It's 3 am, Nate. Go back to bed."

"You got me fucked up if you think I'm going to sleep peacefully while you're in here throwing up." He says still rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry." I tell him, embarrassedly.

"Nothing to be sorry for, love." And we stay like that until my stomach is empty.

We fall back asleep around 4. He's holding me but not too tight because he "doesn't want me to yack on him." I laughed. He looked like he was happy his joke didn't upset me.

Once I wake up again it's 11 am. Nate is gone but there's a sticky note on my forehead.

I peel it off and read it.

I'm going to get us coffee and donuts. Brb
<3 N

I smile as I hear the door open.

I push myself off the floor hearing my back crack like 8 times and open up the bathroom door.

"Goodmorning, spider monkey." Nate says as he sets down our coffees and donuts. He presses his hand to my forehead. "Your fever's gone down."

"You're my magical cure." I tell him.

"Yeah I know. You up for some coffee?" He asks. My stomach doesn't violently jolt at the idea so I decide to try a little. I nod at him. "Good. I got you a black one but I brought like 30 packs of sugar and a cup of milk because I didn't know how you take your coffee"

I smile at him.

"I love you." I say. My eyes go wide at the admission and snap back up to his face. His jaw has fallen slack and he's frozen in his spot

"What?" He says

"Nothing."

"No no no. Not nothing. Definitely not nothing."

"It was nothing Nate. A reflex."

"No a reflex is punching someone when they scare you. You don't just go around telling people you love them."

"So where'd you put the sugar?"

"Yeah. You're not getting out of it that easy." He grabs my forearm. "You love me?"

"Maybe."

"Do you love me Dylan? Yes or no?"

"Fine! Yes. Yes I love you okay? Are you happy now? I love your stupid smile, and your stupid pretty green eyes, and your stupid hair, and the stupid way it makes me feel whenever you touch me, and your stupid stupid stupid jokes that somehow always make me laugh." I take a breath and stare at him. He doesn't say anything. My heart drops. "So I guess you win, Nate. Congratulations. I love you."

He stares at me.

"No." He says simply.

"You can't just say no to my love declaration." I scoff.

"No. I don't win. You win. I've loved you since the second I laid eyes on you, Dylan. You fucking win." He tells me before taking a huge step forward and grabbing my face gently. "I'm going to kiss you now."

"I'm sick."

"I really couldn't give any less fucks." And with that he kisses me.

As soon as he kisses me it's like a nuclear bomb exploding. Unstoppable and unforgettable, and I can't figure out why we haven't been doing this the whole time.

His fingers trail down my neck and down my back, stopping at just above my hips and he pulls me into him as my fingers tangle in his dark hair. A groan is heard from the back of his throat and he gently bites my lower lip and pulling it as he pulls away from the kiss. I follow him but he pulls away even more. I relent and stop following his lips. I open my eyes and stare at his lips before looking up into his eyes.

A big smile forms on the lips I was just kissing.

"You love me." He says in a boasting manner.

"You love me." I respond.

"You love me." He says again. His face breaking out in a full blown beautiful grin. "You know what this means right?"

"What does it mean, Nate?"

"It means you have to sleep with me." He whispers. I laugh.

"No. This means you don't get to sleep with anyone else." I say to him.

For a split second I'm scared that's going to be the last straw for us.

"I haven't slept with anyone since I met you." He admits.

"Not true. What about that blonde girl?" I say accusingly. He smiles sheepishly.

"I pretended like I slept with her to make you jealous." He says quietly.

"Aww, baby." I say stroking his cheek. He turns a little red.

"I think I like baby more than Nate." He tells me.

"You love it when I call you Nate."

"Maybe I do." He smiles before kissing me again. This time I pull away.

"Nathan?" I say quietly.

"What's wrong my love?" He asks, concerned.

"Does this make you my boyfriend?"

"Only if you want to be my girlfriend." He responds. This time I'm grinning.

"Okay." I say through my smile.

"Okay?"

"Okay." I say again nodding.

"Well then. Is my girlfriend feeling good enough to go out to brunch or does she need to sit on the bathroom floor for another day?"

"I think I need DayQuil." I tell him. "Then we can go to brunch."

"I picked some up on the way here." He says.

"I knew it."

"Knew what?"

"There was a reason I love you." I say and he puts a hand over his heart.

"And here I was thinking it was because of my stupid smile." He teases.

~
The End

—————————

Oh my god. I finally did it.

I am so sorry this took like 8372927 years to finish but there you guys go. I know it's super short but I highkey love it soooooo.... yeah. Muah. I love every single one of you angels❤️❤️