03

I wake up on Saturday in the dorm from a text to my phone. I check it and it's from a groupchat. Lily's still asleep.

girlies😇

aubrey
hey do u guys want to go out for lunch
later today?

jen
me and aubrey are gonna go at 1 let us
know!

dee
yeah I'm down. lily's still asleep right now
but she'll want to go.

aubrey
ok we'll me u guys in front of the dorms at
1230

dee
okay!

I roll off the bed and straighten myself up. Then I wake up Lily.

"Hey. Get up we're going to lunch with Aubrey and Jen in an hour." I say shaking her.

"Go away." She groans back at me.

"Fine we'll just go without you."

"Ughhh. Okay. Okay, I'm getting up." She says and rolls over.

"Goodmorning sunshine!" I say with a smile because I know it'll piss her off. She rolls her eyes at me and sits up. "I'm going to shower!" I say grabbing my clothes and heading into the bathroom.

I play my music and turn the shower on. I wash my hair and then I get out. I pull on my outfit which is patched mom jeans, and a purple tank top. It's August in New York so it's not cold yet.

I walk out of the bathroom allowing Lily to go in and shower. I brush out my hair and let it air dry because it's naturally straight. It's about shoulder length and dark brown.

I go on my phone while I wait for Lily.

When she's done we head out. Lily's wearing a flowery sundress with her natural curls flowing down her back.

2 different types of girl am I right.

Anyways, when we walk in front of the dorms and see Aubrey and Jen waving to us.

We walk over to them and they give us hugs.

"Hey y'all ready?" Jen asks.

"Yup!" Lily exclaims.

We all walk around campus in search of restaurants. We decide on getting pizza. We walk in and sit down at a booth. We're all talking about classes and the people we've met so far. Which for me and Lily is just them, because we got here yesterday.

"I heard there's another fight tomorrow." Jen says taking a bite out of her pizza.

"Really? Same guys?" Lily asked.

"If you think Destroyers walking around without a severe limp right now your wrong. There's no way he's fighting." I say.

"No it's different guys. But I hear all the fighters show up to each other's fights to watch and see peoples style." Aubrey says.

"Yeah, That used to happen back home too." I say with a nod.

"It did?" Lily says.

"Remember the 23 year old that you almost went home with." She nods, her face flushing a little bit. "He was the best fighter in Jersey. So I mean, if you're into choking and kinky shit, he's good. But for naive little 15 year old Lily, that might have been a bit much." I finish pinching her cheeks. She smacks my hands away with a laugh. I hear chuckles coming from the table next to ours. I glance over and see a group of guys.

"What do you know about fighters?" One of the guys calls over to me. I scan him. He's a scrawny guy about 5'10. He has shaggy blonde hair and a perfect smile. The guy next to him, however, looks to be about 6'1, dark skin with a muscular build, probably from boxing.

"I know that you're not one." I say with a smirk. "But your friend here is a boxer. Probably not into fighting in that illegal shit. But he likes to watch to see new moves he can use." The three guys sitting there stop laughing.

"How do you know that?" Boxer guy asks.

"It's her super power." Lily says smiling at them. I roll my eyes, "She can probably tell you all of your heights and weights too."

The third guy raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah?" he asks.

"Yeah." Aubrey finishes.

"Y'all have a lot of faith in me." I say. I also notice that the third guy is the announcer from last night. "You should have this 'superpower' too considering you're their announcer."

"How about this. If she guesses all our heights and weights correctly," announcer guy says. "You lady's get free entry to tomorrow's fight."

I raise my eyebrow and they all look at me expectingly.

"Alright," i say and everyone nods. "Scrawny guy over here is about 5'10, and 145 lbs, boxer dude is like 6'1 and 260, the weird announcer guy that killed my ear drums is 6'0 and 215."

All their smirks drop one by one. I bat my eyelashes.

"Did I get it right?" I say feigning innocence.

"How'd you do that?" scrawny guy asks. I shrug.

"I used to go to a lot of fights in highschool."

"Well, I'm Cameron but you can call me Cam." He says reaching his hand out. We all shake it. "That's Mike." he points to announcer dude. "And thats Robert." he points at boxer guy.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dylan, but you guys can call me Dee, that's Lily, Aubrey and Jen." I saw gesturing around the table.

"Sooo," Aubrey says.

"Yeah yeah. give me your number, and text me when you're there. I'll come get you guys." Mike says pretending to be annoyed, but he's smiling so we know he doesn't care.

We exchange numbers and then they leave and we finish eating we walk around campus for a while trying to get familiar with the layout so we won't get too confused on Monday.