04

mike

hey mike it's Dee we're outside

Alright give me a minute

"Okay, I texted him. He's coming." I tell the group of girls surrounding me. Tonight I'm wearing black leggings, a black tank with lace at the top and an oversized jean jacket. The girls all nod.

"Hey ladies!" Mike yells from the door way. "Come on in!"

We all smile and walk past the extremely large bouncer dude who surprisingly smiles back at us. I like him.

Mike drags us over to the front of the crowd, right next to the ring.

"Here y'all hang out with Cam and Rob here while I go do my thang." Mike tells us as Cam and Robert come into sight. We all laugh and he walks away up to the ring.

"Hey guys!" I yell over the crowd.

"Hey!" Cam yells back. Robert gives us all a smile and a wave.

"What have you guys been up to?" Lily says.

"Not much just talking to some people." Robert yells.

"Robert? Why don't you fight?" Aubrey asks.

"I do fight, and you guys can call me Rob."

"No. Why don't you fight here?"

"I don't know. It's not my style," he replies. I can tell there's more than that but none of us are going to pry.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" We hear Mike yell into his microphone. It's louder from up here. I feel eyes on me but I can't see from where so I just ignore the feeling. "TONIGHT FOR OUR MATCH WE HAVE SKULL CRUSHER VERSUS TIGER. PLACE YOUR BETS!"

I cross my arms and watch the fighters come out. Skull Crusher is probably 6'5 and solid muscle. Tiger is like 5'10 and quick on his feet. Skull crushers right forearm has a scar down it. That's probably his weak point. Tiger doesn't have the same arm strength as Skull Crusher.

"Dee, who's going to win?" Lily asks because she looks confused.

"Oo I think Skull Crusher will win." Aubrey exclaims.

"Probably at first glance I'd agree with you, but his right arm doesn't have as much strength as it should, you see that scar on his forearm. That's why. And Tiger's quick. Might not have the same strength but he can dodge. I'd say it's an even match, but my money's on Tiger," I say. I hear clapping.

"Are you sure you've never been here before Friday?" Cam asks.

"Yes, Cam."

"Like I said. It's her superpower." I again roll my eyes.

I still feel eyes on me. I relax into my seat, crossing my arms and look around. I scan the arena when I finally meet the eyes of none other than Black Night.

still a shitty name.

Rob nudges my arm.

"That's Nathan Black. He's a sophomore at NYU. He has never lost a fight. He just showed up once in his freshman year and just kept coming back."

"I understand his name now." I say and Rob laughs.

"I'd recommend just doing whatever he says though. He can be ruthless."  I raise my eyebrow at his statement.

"Yeah. No. I'm not going to do that."

"It's you're life. Don't say I didn't warn you." and with that we go back to watching the match. I ignore Nathan's eyes the whole time.

Tiger won. Turns out if you tire them out enough then kick their head, they pass out. As we wait for Mike after the match, Cam starts freaking out.

"Whys he coming over here, we gave him the money right. What the hell is he doing?" Cam says and Robs eyes widen.

"Hey." I hear a deep husky voice say from behind me. I turn around to be met with a pair of cloudy gray eyes.

"Hey... Nathan what's up?" Cam says trying to act chill, even though everyone there can tell he's freaking out. Rob gives him a slight nod to which Nathan returns the gesture.

"Nothing. Just wondering who the new girls are."

"Oh my gosh. Your Black Night! Dee totally knew you were going to win, before the fight even started on Friday." I elbow Jen in the ribs so she stops talking. "Ow." She rubs her side but shuts up.

Nathan raises an eyebrow.

"What she meant to say," Aubrey says getting the hint. "Is good job Friday night."

"Thanks..."

"Oh I'm Aubrey, this is Jen, Lily and Dylan, or Dee."

"Dylan." I say. His gaze turns to me. "You can call me Dylan."

"Okay Dylan. Can I buy you a drink?"

"No." I say quickly. "I have a 9 am lecture tomorrow morning, and I can't be hungover."

"Just one drink."

"No dude take a hint."

"What? Come on, come hang out with me."

"Again. No. You're not my type."

"What's your type?"

"Guys who don't fuck so many girls, they have to get a monthly check for STD's" his eyebrows shoot up. I quickly turn around and walk away.

I hear three sets of footsteps from behind me. I glance back and see the girls.

"Whyd you do that?" Jen asks.

"He was hot." Aubrey adds.

"Like I said. He's not my type."

"He was trying to get into her pants. Dee's never been one to give it up for a guy who hoe's around." Lily explains. I'm not bothered by her words, because they're true. I've never been one to give it up period. He's not just going to come up and change that.

We all get into Lily's car and head back to the dorms. I notice none other than Nathan Black getting on the back of the Harley I was admiring yesterday. I roll my eyes. Because with my luck, who else would own a Harley that I liked?