06. did an hour at the batting cage

OKAY SO THIS IS PRETTY IMPORTANT SO READ THIS
Me, lukeslyrics , and iCheeseYou have a band and we need a drummer and a like a kick ass guitarist so if you wanna join pm one of us and we'll go from there bUT pls do it because like banding how fun.

---------

"oh my god, luke. it's like a dream come true. i never thought a guy would propose to me so perfectly."

"what the hell are you talking about?"
luke grumbles, probably annoyed that he has to crouch down to hear me over the noise.

serves him right for being a giant.

"well you obviously want to marry me because you brought me here."

i look around in excitement, wondering what we should do first.

"what do you wanna do first? i think we should do something outside before it gets dark then come back inside and explore the arcade. what do think?" i turn to look up at him only to find he's wandered off.

i scan the rather small crowd for the blonde sasquatch. i frown, not spotting him anywhere. there's only other option considering walking around requires too much effort.

i cross my arms across my chest before sucking in the deepest breath i can. "lu-!"

my eyes fly open as a hand clamps over my mouth, silencing the scream that was about to leave my lips. luke stands in front of me with a stern look on his face. he shakes his head, not moving his hand from my mouth as he drags me to wherever he was before.

he stops in front of a change machine. i keep quiet as he does whatever he wants. he grumbles to himself as he casually pulls out a 100 dollar bill, something along the lines of "stupid pretty boys, stupid damn skirts."

he inserts the bill in the machine and five 20 dollars bills come out in exchange. he pockets the money and nods towards the doors to outside.

(awkwardly transitions to third person)

once their outside, ashton drags luke towards the go karts before the taller boy has a chance to see what's outdoors. the smaller of the two is rambling about mario kart and he's got an excited child like glint in his eye as he steps in line.

luke stares at the boy with a fond expression, a small smile gracing his lips. ashton fails to notice the look as he continues to grow more and more excited for the race every time the line gets shorter. when it's finally their turn to go in he's directed to a kart towards the middle. his legs make it quite the struggle to be seated properly. he looks around until he spots ashton a few karts ahead, smile threatening to break his face.

luke smiles. ashton wins the race. luke tried to catch up but he got too distracted with watching the other boy. his curls blowing back in the wind and the way his tongue poked out in concentration.

ashton looks wind blown and so beautiful it makes luke's heart ache a bit when he steps off the track to see the boy eyeing the batting cages with a child like predatory gaze.

the blond boy smirks, catching up to the boy exiting the track. he grabs ashton's wrist, pulling him towards the counter where you get equipment for outside games.

he clears his throat to gain attention of the worker browsing her phone. the girl behind the counter looks annoyed that someone would interrupt her until her eyes land on luke.

"what can i help you with, cutie?" she asks, leaning over the counter. her nonexistent chest is on full display.

"i just need two helmets and a bat for the batting cages." he requests, "also change for a five in quarters."