04. purrfect

04. puRRfect

the gif on top is ashtons reaction when luke complements him. ( why cant you put multiple pictures?? i want you guys to see his outfit)

also that's ashton's hair now and body type and such. like from that ashton's time period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"c'mon ash. i bet you look fine."

"yeah just give us a peek." calum whines along side michael.

ashton groans, trying to think of an excuse not to open the door, grinning when a certain YouTube series comes to mind.

"i can't open it." he says, pretending to sound sad.

"why not?" calum shouts from the other side of the door. he throws his hands up in exasperation.

"ashley is guarding the door. she says i can't come out."

michael's eyebrows furrow at that. "are you on drugs? ashley who?"

ashton smirks on the other side of the door. "ashley catchadoorian."

there's a silence in response outside of the door as ashton attempts to hide his giggles behind his hand. he waits for a response from one of the other boys.

he leaps back in surprise, laughing harder when michael's head slides under the door to the changing room.

"did you really just?" he asks raising a pierced eyebrow at the laughing boy leaning against the back wall of the small room.

ashton nods, his laughter dying down. "i did, i did." he smiles, proud of his own joke.

"you look cute, by the way. come out and show calum and luke." the red haired boy adds before sliding back under the door.

ashton blushes at the complement and checks himself in the mirror one more time.

he takes a deep breath and slowly opens the door and cautiously steps out. he keeps his gaze on his feet as he waits for a reaction.

michael decides to ease all the unnecessary tension.

"you already know what i think."

"well calum? luke?"

luke's head snaps up at the mention of his name. the blond had been staring at the ceiling, seemingly thinking of something important. however, his attention is redirected when he notices ashton.

the boys hair, now short, falls over his eyes as he gnaws nervously in hips. he avoids eye contact as he waits.

"you look . . . . gorgeous"

ashton's head snaps up at the complement. luke blushes, timidly smiling back. he looks bashful when the blinding smile spreads across ashton's face.

"thank you." the blushing boy says barely audible. he chortles softly for no reason at all and the blond joins im.

calum narrows his eyes at the two boys, eyes flicking between the two suspiciously. he doesn't like those giggles and the blushing. he knows what that means and he doesn't like luke.

ashton has a bad habit of picking guys who only use him. calum doesn't trust anyone with his best friend until he knows for sure that they aren't going to hurt him.

ashton falls to easy and calum doesn't like the way luke's eyes are forming hearts ashton's way.

michael smirks at the tension, chuckling breathlessly to himself.

he finds this whole situation amusing.

"i still hate this haircut though. it ruins the whole outfit." ashton pouts, bringing everyone's attention back on him.

"nonsense." michael shouts, uncrossing his arms and pushing himself off the wall he'd glued himself to. he walks over to ashton ruffling his now fluffy hair.

ashton shakes his head with a smile. "just let me change back into my clothes and we can checkout."

when ashton is done, he emerges from the changing room in a black skater skirt and a another kitten sweater.

as they make their way to checkout ashton and luke fall behind. walking side by side behind calum and michael as the mess around ahead.

"you really love cats huh?" luke asks, nudging ashton lightly with his monster shoulders.

"who doesn't?" ashton exclaims, who face lighting up in a smile. "their just so cute i can't even function!"

luke fondly chuckles at the fast way he's talking, his hands flying around animatedly.

"i love their little faces and oh my god, cats that love cuddles !!"

"can i tell you something?" luke asks stopping as they get to the line and turning to face the shorter boy with a cheesy little grin.

"i think you look purrfect with your new haircut."

ashton blinks at him. "i bet you're proud of that."

luke frowns and ashton smirks. he lasts for 10 seconds before his body is jolting from laughing so hard with his mouth closed. when luke glances down he notices the wide smile and the red face and sneakily grabs the skirted boys side.

ashton howls with laughter as luke wiggles his fingers. "stop! stop! stop! i can't breathe! please!"

people are staring at them and calum and michael are embarrassed for them but all luke can focus on is the musical laugh filling his ears and the inevitable feeling of happiness taking over his body.

all he can see is the sun that's smiling and trying to squirm away from him.

---------------

okay so 12 days isnt soon but whatever.

sorry this is so bad

how was your christmas? what did you get?

for those of you who read the hammock, yell at me in the inline comments so i have motivation to update

I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT TWO PICTURES ON ONE CHAPTER SO I CANT SHOW YOU THE OUTFITS ASH HAD ON. HELP do you have any suggestions how to do this?

sTAY GROOVY AND I'LL SEE YOU ON THE FLIPSIDE.