Chapter 16

It has been weeks since we received that Budapest assignment and well, we stopped the killing, but Clint and I aren't in a good position now

It has been weeks since we received that Budapest assignment and well, we stopped the killing, but Clint and I aren't in a good position now. We managed to stop the Red Room guards from killing the politician but turns out, the Budapest attack was only a trap. To kidnap me and Clint. I was in a small concrete cell. Clint and I were separated. We were at the Red Room and so many terrible memories came rushing back. I miss Clint. I need Clint. I'm not sure how long I can stay here without going crazy and killing myself. Bruises litter my body as well as a few cuts that are starting to heel. The last few weeks, I have been hearing screams of agony and pain. The first time I heard it I knew exactly who the screams belonged to. Clint. Every day, when I didn't give up information, they would torture Clint. A few times they even did it in front of me. I was in a corner curled up. I was so scared. There was no way I was going to be able to escape.

Suddenly my cell door opens, and two guards throw a body into the cell. The body landed with a thud. The door then shut. I couldn't make out who the person was, but he was in worse shape than me. He got up sort of, groaning in pain. The cell was so dark that I still couldn't make out who the person was. The figure of the body the hit her who it was. It then fell to the ground.

"CLINT!" I yelled, scrambling over to him. I grab him and pull by a nearby wall. I place my back against the wall, and place his head on my out stretched legs.

"Tasha?! You're ok!" he says. His voice was weak. No doubt from all the screaming of torture.

"Hey, of course I am ok." I say, stroking his head and hair. "It's gonna be ok. We are gonna get out of here."

After a while he sits up next to me. I place my head on his very bloody shirt and he strokes and plays with my hair. After about 5 minutes, we both fall asleep.

I was woken up by a bang, crying out in agony and shooting. I sit up and wake up Clint. He groans then opens his eyes. Suddenly, someone bursts into the poorly lit room. Tony and Steve come running up to us,

"Are you guys ok?" Tony asks, helping us to our feet.

"A little sore but we'll be good." Clint says, standing up.

We follow Steve and Tony through the halls of the Red Room, Red Room guards being blasted by Tony. We finally get outside when I hear a gunshot go off and hear someone one fall to the ground. I turned around and law Clint laying lifeless on the ground. I run up to him. He was shot bad, by his abdomen. I rip some of my shirt and press it against the wound. There was already a pool of Clint's blood on the ground.

"No, come on stay with me." I say, applying pressure.

"Tasha, I lo-" his eyes close and I feel his body go limp.

I just wanted to cry. But I couldn't show my emotions to everyone else. I had to stay strong for him and myself.

It has been almost 11 hours and Clint were still in surgery. I was in the waiting room, when Steve came and sat next to me.