CH.1

She watched through her window as he walked up the driveway and sighed to herself as she had to face him again. Hayes. Her ex boyfriend. They dated for roughly eight months before they called it quits. It broke her. But the break up was easier than she expected because he moved back to LA a few weeks after, so once he left she was able to just focus on herself.

She heard the front door open and close and voices appear from downstairs.

"Dee, get down here!" She heard Elizabeth shout from the bottom of the stairs. She groaned in annoyance and headed for the door to exit her bedroom. Elizabeth was her host mom, also hayes' mom. Dee moved here from England about two years ago to study for university and her host family was The Grier's, that's how she met Hayes.

"I'm here" Dee groaned, heading down the stairs. Everyone looked up at her, some beaming with excitement to see her, and others...well Hayes, not so beaming.

"Dee! Oh my gosh, it's been too long!" Taylor gushed, running towards her as she reached the bottom of the stairs. The two girls hugged tightly in excitement.

"I'm so glad you're here" Dee whispered, letting out a breath of relief to have a friend here.

"Don't worry girl, I got you" Taylor reassured her.

"Waddup Dee!" Nash cheered, holding his arms wide to hug the small girl.

"Hi Nashley" she chuckled, her British accent coming through clearly.

He ruffled her hair playfully before letting her go. She quickly gave Malakai a hug hello (Nash and Taylor's Son). Dee then turned around to see Tez stood before her.

"Hey bestie" he beamed at her, ready to give her a hug.

"Hey bestie" she laughed softly and hugged him back. And that left only Hayes. They locked eyes and stared at each other awkwardly.

"Hey Dee" he said softly, pain filling his eyes as looked at her. He missed her. But he knew he screwed up and would probably never get a second chance to make things right.

"Hey" she said at the same volume, gulping slightly from the nerves of seeing him again. They continued staring for a moment before both awkwardly looking away and back at the group who were also intensely watching.

"Okay! Anyone want a drink?" Elizabeth asked loudly, trying her best to fill the awkwardness of the room. Everyone started muttering amongst themselves and headed towards the kitchen, so Dee took this opportunity to run back upstairs and hide in her bedroom for a little longer.

She closed the door behind her and let out another breath she didn't even realise she was holding in. She grabbed her phone and tried her best to distract herself by looking on social media, but instead all her notifications were filled with were mentions by fans on Hayes' recent Instagram pic where he states he's heading home for thanksgiving and Christmas.

Are you going to see Dee again?
Are you and Dee gonna get back together?
What happened with you and Dee?
I heard Dee cheated.

Dee scoffed as she read the last one.

"People will do anything for attention" she chuckled to herself, knowing it was nowhere near remotely true.

"Knock, knock" a voice chimed as the door opened. Dee looked over from her spot on her bed to see Taylor stood there.

"You okay?" She questioned the girl in front of her, a look of sympathy on her face as she closed the door behind her.

Dee shrugged and locked her phone.

"It's just hard you know. I haven't actually seen him since he left after the breakup so it's all those feeling coming back to me, you know?" She explained as Taylor sat down beside her.