Ch.7

It had been two days since their date and the past 48 hours had been filled with board games, drinking, quad bikes, and laughter. Everyone was currently in the living room, either watching friends on the TV or messing around with one another. Dee was currently leaning on the banister on the bottom step of the stairs, scrolling through her phone.

"You okay?" The familiar voice that belonged to Judah, questioned her.

She looked up from her phone and smiled at him.

"Yeah, I was just replying to some comments on my recent Instagram post" she chuckled, showing him her phone for a split second before locking it and giving him her full attention. He smiled at her and pulled her off the last step before pulling her into a hug and swaying them from side to side. He then flicked her forehead jokingly before walking away.

"You asshole!" She laughed, standing there staring at him in shock.

"You asshole" he mimicked her in her British accent.

"Oh is that how it is, is that right?" She questioned him, placing her hands on her hips.

"How can I not make fun of your accent sometimes" he laughed at her.

"Shut up" she laughed before heading over to the sofa and taking the seat he was sitting in previously.

"Bitch" he told her, glaring at her jokingly for taking his seat. She smirked and started watching the TV. Some people were still in their own conversations and doing their own things but Dee was lost in the world of friends.

After a while, she noticed Hayes stand up and head upstairs without a word.

"Who wants to go on the bikes?" Nash asked.

"Heck yeah, I do" Tez spoke, standing up excitedly. Everyone filed out pretty quickly, even Taylor headed out with Malakai to watch. Dee held back though. She had a weird feeling in her stomach and something urged her to check if Hayes was okay. She headed upstairs and towards his bedroom. Once she was outside his door, she knocked on it three times.

After a few seconds, he opened the door and seemed surprised to see Dee stood there.

"Dee?" He questioned, feeling confused as to why she was here.

"Hey" she spoke, brushing past him and walking into his room.

"...come in, I guess" he muttered, closing the door behind him.

She sat on the end of his bed and stared at him.

"What are you doing here?" Hayes asked her, remaining stood up in the middle of the room with his arms crossed against his chest.

"I saw you head up here and it's not like you to leave the room without announcing where you going, what's wrong?" She demanded him to tell her. He rolled his eyes.

"Nothing, I was just...getting changed" he lied, looking to the side as he said so.

"You're in the same clothes, came up here over ten minutes ago and you look to the side when you lie. What's wrong?" She told him.

He rolled his eyes.

"Do we have to talk about this? I don't really-"

"Hayes" she warned him.

"Fine. I'm finding shit difficult right now, you know? I just don't feel great about things" he told her, sitting down beside her.

She stared at him for a moment.

"What's bothering you?" She asked him.

"You" he muttered. She remained silent, not knowing what else to say to him.