Ch.12

Taylor and Dee sat in the nail salon next to each other getting their nails done. Today was Friday, the day everyone who was in on it had been waiting for.

"Have you been excited for your date tonight?" Taylor beamed at the girl, feeling excited for her as she didn't know half of what was happening. Dee shrugged.

"Kinda, not exactly though...." She spoke glumly. Taylor stared at her in disbelief.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, today is Friday and that means Judah goes back to LA tomorrow...it's all just bitter sweet today" she told Taylor.

"I get that. When Nash and I first got together we had to work a long distance relationship for the first year. It wasn't easy, but the distance also made every time we saw each other so much more special and exciting. I really do believe you and Judah will work out, just try to think positively and I promise you everything will fall into place" she grinned at the girl as she reassured her as best as she could.

Dee stared at her for a moment before smiling.

"You're right, I'm probably stressing over nothing" Dee chuckled softly, glancing back at her nails which were being painted a ruby red colour.

"Let me guess, you know where I'm going tonight?" Dee chuckled as she looked over to Taylor once again. Taylor smirked before giggling.

"I do...and that's why I get to help you choose your outfit for tonight!" She beamed. Dee laughed and looked back over to her nails when her phone buzzed. It was a Snapchat from Judah.

She opened the message to see a selfie from him with the caption 'how's it going?' She smiled and took a photo of her hand where the nails were being painted on and captioned it 'nails are almost done🤩then shopping to choose an outfit' before sending it back to him.

They snap chatted back and forth for a while until Dee's nails were finished. She then sent him a message saying she would see him later before waiting for Taylor to finish up and then go shopping.

The girls walked around the mall for a while, searching in clothes shops to find the perfect outfit for Dee.

"You definitely need to wear a dress and heels again" Taylor told her, looking through the rack of dresses.

"I kinda want a red one so then it matches my nails" Dee told her, flashing her nails at her before giggling.

"Agreed" Taylor told her.

They continued searching until Taylor found a gorgeous tight fitted, mid thigh, long sleeved, Red sparkly dress.

"Oh my gosh, Dee! Try this on!" Taylor gushed at her, pulling the dress off of the rack and showing Dee. Dee gasped as she saw it.

"That's perfect" she smiled, carefully taking the dress from Taylor's hands.

"It'll also match your black heels at home" Taylor told her as they headed for the changing rooms.

"Yeah it will" Dee agreed. Dee walked into the changing room to try the dress on to check it fit her, and when she did, it fit like a glove. She gawped at it in awe as she stared in the mirror before walking out of the changing room to show Taylor what it looked like on.

"That's the one" Taylor grinned from ear to ear, staring at the dress.

***

Dee walked down the stairs of the house to see everyone in the living room in their own conversations or watching TV. At the sound of her heels touching each step, people started to gradually look over.