Ch.14

Three days had passed since Judah had gone back to LA and Dee was currently in the kitchen making herself some breakfast. It was 8am and no one else seemed to be awake apart from Elizabeth who was currently at work. Dee made her bowl of cereal and headed to the living room to watch TV whilst she ate it.

After about ten minutes, she heard footsteps approach from the stairs. She looked over and saw a tired Taylor with a crying Malakai to her hip.

"He woke you up?" Dee asked her as she placed her empty bowl on the coffee table in front of her.

"Yup" Taylor told her glumly, sitting down beside her on the couch and pulling Malakai to her lap. Not feeling happy, Malakai crawled over to Dee and placed himself on her lap instead.

Taylor blankly stared at him before looking at Dee who was trying not to laugh.

"Cheer up" Dee chuckled.

"I've had like three hours sleep!" Taylor complained, rubbing her face with her hands. Dee continued to laugh at her for a moment before looking back at the little boy on her lap and bouncing her knees a few times to make him laugh.

"How are you feeling now though? I know you were feeling down the other day when Judah left" Taylor asked her. Dee shrugged.

"I'm okay, it's shit but it's okay. We've spoken on the phone everyday and message pretty much all day so we're always talking. It's just very bittersweet because he's only just become my boyfriend and now I'm just sat here missing him" she chuckled softly as she explained to Taylor. Taylor nodded understandingly.

"I get that, that's how it was for Nash and I at first. Trust me, it will all be worth it in the long haul" Taylor told her, leaning back on the couch to get comfortable.

Dee nodded in agreement.

"Hey you never told me how the date even went the other day anyways? You were too excited about him being your boyfriend that you never gave me the deets!" Taylor complained, lightly smacking the girl on the arm as she finished her sentence. Dee laughed.

"Yeah I forgot" she chuckled softly. Taylor remained silent, awaiting for the girl to update her.

"The whole evening was just...perfect. He obviously took me for dinner and then we went to the top of the hill and looked at the view for a while...whilst we were there, there was a lot of kissing..." she chuckled, feeling her cheeks heating up as she explained. Taylor's eyes widened as she heard this before grinning from ear to ear.

"And then he brought me back here and led me to the garden where the set up was...he then asked me to be his girlfriend and then we chilled in the tent for a while..." she trailed off, smiling as she thought back to the night.

"Chilled? Is there something you're not telling me?" Taylor questioned the girl, seeing right through her.

Dee blushed and put her head down in embarrassment.

Taylor gasped.

"Oh my go- did you two? You know?" Taylor pushed her for an answer. Dee looked back at her and nodded before laughing.

"NO WAY!" Taylor yelled.

"SSHHHH!!" Dee panicked, not wanting anyone to woken up or even hear what they're talking about.

"Sorry" Taylor whispered before laughing.

"No way....I am shook!" Taylor exclaimed, shaking her head in disbelief. Dee chuckled and placed Malakai back on his mother's lap.

"That stays between us, okay?" She told her, awaiting for Taylor to agree.

"Okay" she chuckled.

***
The day had flown by and nobody had done anything exciting. It was now 8pm and Dee was chilling in her bedroom, scrolling through her phone when she was interrupted by it ringing for a FaceTime call with Judah.

She smiled to herself before sitting up and answering the phone. Within seconds, her boyfriend's face appeared on the screen.

"Hey" he grinned at her through the phone.

"Hi" she beamed, feeling instantly happier than she had all day.

"How are you?" He asked her, the smile never leaving his face.

"I'm okay, how about you?" She asked him.

He shrugged.

"I'm okay, I'm hella tired. I'm sorry I've not been able to message you much today, I've just been super busy" he told her, knowing he had messaged her more the few previous days and feeling guilty for it. Dee shrugged.

"You don't have to apologise" she chuckled softly. He nodded.

"I know...but still" he told her.

"Just 15 days and then we get to see each other again" she told him, smiling widely at the thought of it. His smile instantly grew as she said this also.

"I can't believe it's been three days since I last saw you already" he told her, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Me neither" she agreed.

They remained silent for a moment, just wanting to be with each other in person and not through a screen.

"I bought one of your Christmas presents today" Judah told the girl, smirking slightly. She raised her eyebrows at the sound of this.

"Oh really?" She smirked also. He nodded before chuckling softly.

"Not gonna lie, I haven't started any of my Christmas shopping yet. I should really start doing that" she laughed, realising she's running out of time. He laughed with her and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah you probably should" he told her.

They remained on the phone for a little longer until Judah needed to go as he was going out for dinner with his family. They exchanged their goodbyes and ended the call, leaving Dee bored in her room once again.

She laid on her bed for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling blankly. She couldn't believe how much had changed for her these past few weeks.

She knew she could be doing more with her time than moping around at home though because she missed Judah. She had mentally planned to get up and about tomorrow, get her Christmas shopping done and be more productive. Maybe that could even distract her a little?