Ch.5

Dee woke up the next morning in a weird mood, she felt on edge about facing Hayes after the argument, but also excited that her and Judah kissed. She got up and got dressed. She styled her hair and applied a little makeup before heading downstairs. She found Taylor with Malakai in the living room watching some kids cartoon as she fed him his breakfast.

"Hey, where's everyone else?" She questioned the girl curiously.

"Liz, Johnnie and Skylynn went shopping for the day and I believe the boys are out the back" she told her with a smile.

"Cool, thanks. I'm gonna quickly go say hi" Dee told her before heading towards the backyard. She headed out to see Hayes and Nash on their quad bikes, racing around whilst Judah and Tez were stood watching.

"Hey" Dee beamed as she joined the two boys, smiling more at Judah directly.

Judah simply half smiled whilst Tez greeted her with a hello. Instantly noticing how Judah's behaviour was off, she decided to question him on it.

"You okay?" She asked him. He still avoided eye contact, watching the boys as they raced.

"Yeah" he told her bluntly. She felt her heart sink. Why was he being like this? She didn't realise this was hurting him to do, just as much as it did her.

There was only one answer for this. Hayes.

Dee's face dropped and she headed for a quad bike that was available.

"Woah, what are you doing little one?!" Tez finally spoke up after standing there awkwardly for a few moments.

"Dealing with all of this bullshit" she spoke before revving the engine of the bike and speeding off towards where Hayes had currently stopped, far away from them.

"Fucksake" Judah muttered to himself, watching her drive away and knowing shit was about to kick off again.

"That's one thing you gotta learn about Dee, she don't back down" Tez told him.

"Yeah, you don't say" Judah retorted, watching the girl intently.

"Dee? What are you doing?" Hayes questioned the girl as she pulled up beside him.

"That's my cue to leave" Nash spoke, speeding off on his quad bike and heading back towards Tez and Judah.

Dee watched as he drove away before turning back to Hayes.

"What did you say to him?" She asked, walking over towards the boy.

"What? To who? What are you talking about?" Hayes asked confused.

"To Judah! He's hardly talking to me, WHAT did you say to him?!" She repeated herself, fed up with all of the bullshit.

"I haven't said anything to him, it's all his choice" Hayes spoke, remaining calm.

"What was?" She questioned.

"To stay away from you, he said it last night" Hayes told her.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned him, feeling her heart sink ever so slightly.

"After you two kissed, which yeah I fucking know about by the way, he came downstairs, told us it was a mistake and that he was just caught up in the moment and then told me he valued his friendship with me more than he's valued knowing you these past 4 or 5 days. He said he'll stay away from you for that reason" Hayes spoke, not caring if he said things he shouldn't have.

And just like that. Dee felt her heart shatter.

She felt tears well up in her eyes and she started walking back towards her bike.