Chapter 20

Athena's Pov

"Where were you?" I tried to sneak pass him but like the alpha he was, he caught me.

I stared up at him and quickly mustered what I had planned on telling him.

"Somewhere which doesn't concern you" I stalled.

His face immediately hardened with anger and he glared at me. I could see the rage building inside him, his pack was just attacked and now the girl he so strongly hated was talking back to him. It was enough reason for the beast in him to wake up.

Good going Athena.

He grabbed my arm tightly and dragged me somewhere unknown to me. I knew even if I resisted, that wouldn't help me in this situation so I just let him drag me.

He suddenly stopped making me crash on his back. I immediately backed away the moment my body touched his. Now that I knew I was his mate, I could finally figure out why I always felt tingling sensation and sparks whenever my body touched his.

It was shocking to say the least, how can I be his mate? I have never been this confused my entire life.

What did moon goddess see in us that she decided to pair us both as mates. We were like fire and water. Whatever we do, we do at the expense of each other. One has to burn for the other to survive. How can we ever be compatible?

Not to mention he already has a mate.

These thoughts were confusing the heck out of me. I didn't know what to do next. Should I make it known to him that I was his mate or should I remain quite and let everything go with the flow. I chose the latter.

"Are you done day dreaming?" I was pulled out of my thoughts when he spoke.

I stared at him, not saying anything. What has happened to me, why was I not retorting back to him with something snarky.

"Now are you going to tell me, where were you?" He asked again.

I tried to reply back with something sarcastic but he cut me off like he knew what I was going to say.

"No you don't get to act like this, not when my pack was under an attack, not when I almost died, and where was the infamous Athena? not to be found." He added.

Is it just me or he was actually staring at me with accusing eyes. I wanted to literally blurt out the fact that I was the one who saved him, he didn't die just because I felt that I need to save him. It was me. But I knew I couldn't.

So to stop him from further investigating me or irking me so much that I might just blurt out what I am trying to hide, I tried to distract him.

"How is it my fault? Yeah I was gone somewhere but how would I know that someone was about to attack our pack. If you are such a great alpha, then why is it that you weren't prepared, an alpha should always be alert."

I took a few steps towards him and added

"You trusted the wrong person and now you are facing the consequences of it. Don't say I didn't warn you."

I knew exactly what I was hinting on and from taking one look at him, I could tell he knew too. I wasn't wrong, I knew that there was a certain someone missing from this pack.

"To answer your previous question, I was visiting someone dear, and if thats all, I should take my leave." I said and turned away immediately, not before noticing the flare in his eyes.

I didn't know what about my statement had made angry, but he literally gets angry at everything so I just left it at that.