Chapter 14

Athena's POV

It has been 1 hour since I talked to rose and now I was just sitting under the tree which was my usual place where I always spend my alone time.

It wasn't like my secret hide away as it was just a tree in the pack ground, open for everyone to see.

I usually enjoyed the view of small pups playing together, something which I never got as a child. My sad thoughts came to an end when I heard small voices fighting.

Few girls and boys gathered around a small boy who stood brave. I can see them belittling the boy and trying to scare him, reminding me of my childhood of how I used to be bullied and couldn't even stand up for myself.

Just as I was about to move towards them I saw the small boy shove them away, not taking any of their shit and moved on his way while those brats kept on staring at him.

I smiled slightly and looked up only to see that small boy staring up at me. He walked up to me and took his small cute hands out of his jacket's pocket and moved a packet of chocolate in-front of me.

I smiled and took it and bend down to his level as he was very small, but ok for a 5 year old.

"Thanks buddy, my good name is Athena, May I get a chance to also know yours?" I asked him

He giggled cutely and nodded with a blush. He came close to my ear and whispered "George" and ran away giggling softly.

I ran behind him as I knew he wanted to play the cat and mouse game, I could easily catch him but for fun I slowed down and acted as it was very hard to catch him while a genuine smile was pasted on my lips for the first time in many years.

I slowed down and acted as I was too tired and out of breath, which worked and he came back shouting " I won, I won"

when I saw that he was not focusing, I grabbed on to him and shouted " I caught you!" and started spinning him around, his laughs resonating the field.

I just couldn't stop smiling and thought how it will feel when I will have my own pup,

But will I even have one?

And most importantly do I even have a mate to begin with?

I felt small hands pinching my cheek and looked up to see George looking at me.

I smiled while he kissed my cheek and said

" don't be sad, it's going to pass believe me"

I smiled and hugged him tightly, whispering a soft thank you.

I glanced up at the moon, and said a silent thank you to moon goddess too for this cute little friend.

A/n

Such a wholesome moment here, I just loved it...♥️

Hope you guys really like this chapter, and please doo vote and comment to show your loveee.

Also if u have any suggestions, feel free to comment, it can be for anything( like my writing style)

and I will see you guys next time

Byeee