Chapter one

"You crossed over a line and you will never crossing back, I will never trust you again"

He couldn't erase her words from his mind. What the hell had he done? Why had he gone, behind her back, to find Dylan to have Norman locked up?

He didn't regret his actions, he only regretted that Norma had taken it that way. She couldn't see the big picture and that scared him. Norman had scared the hell out of him last night. And he didn't care about what Norma could say, Norman WAS dangerous and he will do whatever he could to protect his wife, whether she wanted it or no.

He knew Norma will be angry to see him, but he didn't give a damn care about it, he's her husband and she's his wife. He needed her and, even if she didn't want to admit it, so did she.

He stopped his SUV on the motel's gravel, as he had done countless of time since they first met. The house was so quiet, almost too much. Closing the door of his car, Alex felt something strange.

Even when he was a little boy, he had always had a sort of Sixth sense. Of course, he couldn't see people who were dead like the infamous Cole, but he had always been able to know when something was wrong. He had felt something was wrong the night he met Norma, that she was hiding something from him. And hiding she was, a body!

He marched his way towards the house, feeling more and more anxious with each step he took. He climbed rapidly the stairs and knocked loudly on the first door, calling for her, for his beautiful wife. When she didn't respond, he took the initiative to unlock the door himself, he knew she wouldn't like it, but he was worried about her.

He entered the house, horrifically calm, and cold. He called for her again, but no response. He walked to her room, to what, a couple of hours ago, he used to call their room. He began to panic a little when he found the door closed. Norma had told him many times that she hated leaving her room's door closed, because it remined her when she was stuck with the monster that she used to call her brother. When she was little, she used to always close the door and panic when Caleb would open it, because she knew what it meant.

Alex opened the door and found his stepson, fully clothed, laying in bed with his wife.

"Norma" he said again. "Nor-" he stopped, understanding that he won't have any response.

He marched to her side and found her fall asleep.

"Norma, Norma wake up!" he begged, shaking her a little.

He placed his fingers on her pulse point and felt nothing. She wasn't breathing. She wasn't asleep, his wife was slowly dying, just before his eyes.

He took the bin in his hands and threw it through the window, shattering the glass in million pieces. He knew what's happening, this is carbon monoxide. Norma's intoxicating herself to that poison.

He threw vigorously Norman's arm away from his beloved wife, took her into his arms and ran to the corridor. He laid her gently on the floor, and opened the windows, trying to give her fresh air and have the poison leaving her body.

Even if he's certain Norman was the one to blame for his wife's state, he knew she couldn't ever forgive him for letting her "baby" die. Plus, he couldn't let him die, it was not who he was. Therefore, he came back for him and took him under his arms, leading him to the corridor without any sense of delicacy and laid him next to Norma.

He leant above Norma, pressing his hands against her heart, trying to force his love to come back to him.

"Come on baby" he implored sadly. He knew how to do heart massage, he had done it multiple times. But he was so anxious, so scared, his wife's life was one the line and it was his mission to save her, to bring her back to life, to him. Seeing that his actions were futile, he bended down and tried a mouth-to-mouth resurrection. Doing it three times, he pumped her heart again, preying God himself and his dear Norma to stay.