Chapter fourteen

Norma was silently sleeping on the passenger seat, Alex's right hand securely wrapped in hers. Her husband smiled at that thought. Even when she was resting, she wouldn't dare letting go of his hand, craving his constant contact. He would never let go of her either, except if he was forced to. And right now, although he was currently driving, he didn't have to. The road was calm, quiet. It didn't surprise him, it was only 5:20 am, people were still sleeping at this time, including his wife.

It's been a week that Alex had gotten freed from his house arrest measure. Sheriff Romero was a free man now, and had the clear intention of enjoying this new found freedom by spending as much time as he could with his wonderful wife and their unborn child. Therefore, they had decided to take a trip to Seattle, to see his stepson and Emma, and mostly to take a look around the town, to find their new house, where they would raise their little one, happily and safely.

Gently, he caressed her belly through her grip, thinking that it wasn't fair that only women were allowed by biology to carry babies. He would have loved to do that to. Well, he wouldn't have liked to give birth, because according to Norma, it was the worst pain ever. But he was convinced that it does worth the contractions. Probably because he had never experimented it...

He was so happy, so serene and couldn't believe his luck. Who could have guessed that they would have ended up this way? Not him, obviously. Despite everything they've been through recently, he wouldn't trade it to everything in the world, except for a life in which he could have saved her before.

Norma stirred a bit in her sleep, her thumb caressing his hand, and her mouth whispering his name. It made Alex a bit anxious, to say the least. Those past weeks had been extremely hard for her. She had had to accept that the person she loved the most had tried to kill her. To face her husband's arrest. To fear his reaction about her pregnancy. And to support his unfair anger and resentment towards her.

He was feeling like an ass, he should have helped her, more than he had done instead of shouting horrible things at her and behaving like the betrayed husband he had thought he was. But he will put it right, he will never, ever let her down again.

Norma wasn't feeling that way, she was actually happy Alex had told her about how he was feeling. She knew he needed it. So now on, they could truly move on. And that was exactly what they were doing.

"We're gonna be fine, my love, I promise" he muttered quietly, squeezing her hand.

***

Few hours later, they were at Dylan and Emma's door, shivering from the foggy and unwelcoming weather, Seattle had a horrible climate, it was so cold out there!

"So... How do you want to announce them the new?" Alex asked her, kissing her forehead and stroking her arms to warm her up.

"I don't know... it's not like we could enter their house and scream "Hello there! I'm pregnant!" just like that" Norma pouted, not knowing how to do it, how to tell her first born, her baby boy that he was going to have another sibling soon.

"Well, I could obviously not tell them that I'm pregnant" he teased her, easing her nerves. She put her arms around his neck and smiled tenderly at him, rolling her eyes up.

"You're an ass" she murmured against his lips, kissing him lightly.

"But an ass you love very much" he answered, pecking her lips once more.

"An ass I love very much, not the only ass by the way..." she kissed him more fiercely, feeling extremely aroused all of a sudden.

"Oh yea?" he grinned like a teenager, reciprocating the kiss with equal fervor. Since she had told him that he would never hurt the baby by making love to her, he wasn't hesitating much before deciding to pleasure his wife, in every perspective possible. He was at her feet, completely, and even when he was tired, it was impossible for him to say no to this wonderful goddess he had married.