Chapter six

Norma's eyes fluttered open, a ray of sunlight disturbing her restless yet peaceful sleep. Her headache had seemed to pass away in her slumber, letting her enjoy that moment with her husband, without feeling any pain nor discomfort. She snuggled closer to the love of her life and sighed lowly, not wanting to wake him up, he needed this sleep, probably more than her.

She put her head just on left ab, carefully listening to his heartbeat. She knew it was stupid, she had been the one who had almost died, not him. But she wanted to make sure he was still breathing, that he was still with her. She smiled, hearing this so romantic and kind heart reasoning in his rib cage, beating just for her. One of his arms was holding her close to him, the other clutching her hand in his.

She loved behind like this with him. She had never met someone this clingy, and she would have never thought of him being so affectionate, so loving, so tender. He was like a diamond, beautiful and cold at the outside, but when he touched her skin, it filled her with pride and warmth.

She remembered the first time they had made love, God she was terrified. She had wanted to be perfect, to worth his expectations, to make him feel so good he will never make love to anyone else. But truthfully, she was also scared of what he will do to her. Will he be gentle? Will he be rough? So many questions, and not an int of answer. Fortunately, all of her doubts had been erased the moment he had begun to undress her, so lovingly, so tenderly, she had known. She had known he will be perfect, and he had been.

He had revealed a passionate, attentive and irrationally good lover. But that was just a side of his personality. He was also funny, smart, romantic and supportive. He had become her best friend, her home, her world, making her forget about Nor- his absence.

She looked up at him and her eyebrows wrinkled when she spotted a dry path of tears on his face, shattering all of her being. She cupped his face and kissed it lightly, whispering a dozen of sorry. She truly was, and he needed to know it, to feel it.

She kept stroking his cheek tenderly, when a throat's clear made her look in front of her bed. She gasped, finding about five officers in her room, seeming eager to do who knew what.

"I've already answer to all of your questions" she exposed.

"Relax, we're not here for you Mrs. Bates, we-"

"Romero" Norma said strictly.

"What?" Agent Babbit asked, surprised.

"It's Mrs. Romero, Agent. And if you're not here for me, then what do you want?" she demanded sternly, feeling this lady will be a burden.

"We're here for him" she answered, pointing Alex with her finger.

Norma quickly stared at her husband with a worried face and troubled eyes. No, this can't be!

"What do you want from him?" she demanded with concern, feeling the worst.

"He's under arrest for lying to a special agent" she explained, a satisfied smile on her face, making Norma understand who that bitch was, Agent Babbit.

"Is that even an offence?!" Norma asked, incredulous, rage present in her eyes, replacing the constant sadness of those past few hours.

"It is, so please, wake him up, or we'll do it for you" she ordered.

Norma started to cry again, she couldn't lose her husband, she simply couldn't. They both needed each other, especially now. She closed her eyes desperately and let her tears damp her cheeks, lowering her head on Alex's chest, sobbing hardly, awaking her husband.

He took her head in his hands and asked her to look at him, but she refused, bursting into tears in his arms. He ran his palm up and down her back, kissing the top of her head, when he heard a groan. He turned his head and saw Babbit and a couple of DEA's agents. He put two and two together and an incredible anger got hold of him.