𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑀𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑇𝑜 𝐴𝑛 𝐸𝑛𝑑

Michelle Lovegood

November 9th

The air was stuffy and the regular smells of the Ravenclaw common room flooded my nose. It was all going to be okay.

I crawled from my bed and slid into a pair of cozy slippers which Professor McGonagall had gotten me for Christmas last year. They were worn, but still just as nice as when I had first gotten them. The common room was oddly cheerful seeing as there's a murderer on the loose and people are still being attacked and killed. I let everybody have their time to be happy though as who am I to take that away from them?

The great hall was noisy and much more joyful than it had been since October. Maybe it was something in the air.

Harry popped up from his seat at the Gryffindor table and walked toward where I was sitting. "Fall asleep and forget our meeting last night?"

"I was actually with Louis and lost track of time, I guess."

"Well I need to tell you something," his face was expressionless, "Trace amounts of substances were found in Louis's system that made him forget the incident. And a ripped up note was found in the bin in Snape's room, an apology to you. He was coming to apologize to you."

"I know." I replied, "Did they purposefully not kill him?"

"It seems to be the case. Why drug him if you believe he's dead? It's different from all the rest."

"What do you think it all means?"

"I don't know," he sighed, "I wanted to hear your thoughts."

"Well, I think whoever did it, they didn't want Louis to apologize to me. Maybe they wanted to weaken me so I can't solve all of this." I said, "Just a thought."

"But why wouldn't they have just killed him if that's the case? Best way to get him away from you is by making sure he's dead."

"If I'm too busy caring for him while he's too weak to help, it leaves me vulnerable."

"Are you suggesting they want to hurt you out of all of us?" his eyebrows raised.

"If that's what needs to happen in order for this all to stop, I'll do it."

"Are you out of your mind? You're not dying just to protect all of us."

"If I die, nobody else will. My life is just as valuable as anybody else's."

"I'm not going to stand here and watch as somebody kills you." he said, "This is exactly what they want you to do, that should make you not want to do it!"

"What if I make it seem like I want to surrender? Like acting as bait and once they come to kill me, you fight back."

***

Harry and I had thought of an elaborate but speedy plan on how this will all unfold. Harry bribed the Gryffindors and Slytherins with classwork answers in order to get their help and I convinced all Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. Trying to keep something this large of a secret was hard. It was also hard to think about if the killer is a student and now they know about the plan.

Nobody but Louis was reported outside of their common rooms or dormitories when he died. The likelihood of it being a student is extremely low. Now all we need to do is execute this plan before one of the professors tries to intervene.

I sat in the middle of the courtyard with a book in hand and my back to the school. Those students who chose to participate were hiding throughout the school and mainly the areas near where I was sitting. If I sit here long enough, hopefully they'll kill me or at least try to.