Blast From The Past

"Come on, we're already late!"

Lucifer watched you walk towards the intimidating looking building. Music playing far too loud and motorcycles lined up in front. When you asked him to run errands with you today, he hadn't expected this.
To come to this part of LA, to a biker bar, in the middle of the day. The sign above the bar read 'The Drifters' and Lucifer faintly recalled hearing about them a few times around the precinct.

"Remind me exactly what type of errands we're running again?"

You jogged across the street with Lucifer trailing closely behind.

"Just getting reconnected with some old friends is all, they'll be a big help when I finally confront Ashton."

"Old friends?" Lucifer stared at the bar, while you strolled up to the large bouncer without a care in the world.

"I'll explain inside." You smiled, nudging the bouncer with your elbow.

The giant of a man nodded, holding the door open for you and Lucifer. People crowded around the tables and bar, music playing through the speakers, yet to notice the two newcomers.

"Wait here, I need to find Ricky."

You disappeared into the crowd, and Lucifer stood awkwardly off to the side. Slowly, the others began to notice the out of place man in their bar. The suit standing in their territory.

"Ya lost pretty boy?" One of the men near a pool table called.

"No, I don't believe so." Lucifer shrugged, eyes slowly studying the room.

His response seemed to irritate the man, and all eyes were closely watching him now, like an outsider.

"That wasn't a question, it was a warning." The man frowned.

Lucifer raised an eyebrow, sensing the impending argument, he smiled.

"Oh? It certainly sounded like a question to me. Although perhaps working on your annunciation may help clear confusion in the future."

The room went quiet and the music grew fainter as the man took a menacing step forward.

"Fuck you say?"

"Apologies, I suppose those were too many big words. Shall I say it simpler?" Lucifer grinned.

~

The dingy bar was just as you remembered it, and so was the office in the back, you'd spent many nights in after school. The person you'd been looking for wasn't in yet, and so you walked around the small room, glancing over various objects.

"What are you doing here, girl? Ain't you got better places to be?"

The voice brought a smile to your face, and you turned to face the gray bearded man. His head was bald, and he wore an old leather jacket that'd seen better days. The logo of the gang proudly displayed across the back.

"Better places than this rathole? Yeah, I do, so let's make it quick, old man."

The man stared you down, expression hard and unamused, but you stared right back, a clear challenge, and eventually his lips twitched. He was laughing seconds later, pulling you into a crushing hug.

"Look how you've grown kid, still trouble?"

You laughed, hugging him back before he finally released you.

"Always Ricky."

Ricky took a seat at the metal desk in the center of the room, leaning back in his chair.