Setting The Dominoes

You were antsy, standing next to Maze as she and Lucifer talked in hushed tones. His car was right there, too noticeable in the open street. Too many people around, the evening sun still providing too much light for you to continue out your plan.

"Let's take the engine." You decided suddenly.

Maze and Lucifer ceased their conversation, looking at you curiously.

"The engine? I thought we were blowing it up?" Maze raised an eyebrow.

You waved a hand, staring at the sleek red car, it must have cost Ashton a fortune. You couldn't simply steal, his insurance would pay for it, if you blew it up he could blame it on faulty wiring or something, be reimbursed and pay off the inspection officer.

"That's too easy, it needs to be entirely inconvenient for him. Let's take the engine."

Lucifer glanced at the car, tilting his head as he thought through the plan.

"I suppose that'd work, I have a few connections with some chop shops around the city, they'd be interested." The devil nodded.

"And his tires, and the radio, that's good money." You added.

Maze laughed, wrapping her arm around your shoulders. A mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Let's leave the tires, he'll come by to get it tomorrow and think nothing is wrong." She suggested, you smiled, nodding in agreement.

Your phone chimed in your pocket, and you excused yourself to check it. Maze crossed her arms, leaning on the wall by Lucifer.

"So... fun night?" She smirked.

Lucifer glanced at her from the corner of his eyes, raising an eyebrow.

"What makes you say that?"

Maze motioned to her neck, her smirk growing.

"I know a hickey when I see one, and she had plenty."

Lucifer gave her a smirk of his own, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Is that jealousy, Mazikeen? Disappointed you didn't get to her first?"

Maze was about to retort when you came back into view, running. You skid to a stop beside them, glancing over your shoulder. The two of them stared at you confused and concerned, and you held up a necklace, shoving it into Lucifer's hands.

"Hide this!"

He sputtered, staring at the golden rose pendant hanging from the chain and then back to you.

"Why-"

"I saw it in a pawnshop window and I thought hey! That looks like CeCe's old necklace Ashton pawned, so I went inside to get a closer look, and it was hers! Name engraved on the back and everything, but the pawnshop owner wanted too much, and I only had forty dollars and I stole it, and now he's chasing me and I need you to hide it, and kiss me!" You were talking so fast they could hardly keep up with your words, but when they finally deciphered what you'd said, they were equally surprised.

"I'm very willing to kiss you, darling, but I'm not sure-"

A shout from behind you made you tense, and you looked over your shoulder before turning around to face them again.

"Not the times for questions, Luc!" You panicked.

"I'll do it."

Maze shrugged, grabbing you by the shirt and locking her lips with yours. She spun you around, so your back faced the wall and Lucifer stared at the two of you, dumbfound. A large man holding a wooden bat came running by, completely ignoring the three of you. When he disappeared around a corner, you pulled away from Maze.