Set In Motion

Luring the officers from the list had been almost too easy, and all it took was a little collaboration. A lie from Maze, a favor or two from Lucifer, and a false report from you was all it took to get them here. To this rundown warehouse, away from prying eyes or any curious ears.

It was quite the sight, watching Lucifer and Maze chat idly as they dragged four men behind them. For a moment you were envious of their supernatural strength, as you yourself had only managed to subdue one. But now all five from the list were here, tied up, angry and ready to be interrogated. Unfortunately, they didn't seem very willing to answer any questions you'd asked.

"Do you realized you've just kidnapped several officers of the law!? We'll bury you for this!"

You kicked a can from the dusty warehouse floor directly into his forehead. He shouted cursing at you from the chair he was tied to. How many different ways had you heard that?

It was getting annoying.

"Before or after I bury you for being dirty, Fisher?" You smiled, tilting your head.

The man snarled at you, huffing as he looked away.

"You got nothing on us."

He sounded so sure, so confident, and you smiled widely.

"I don't? Oh, but..."

You held out your hand and Maze happily placed a rather large folder in it. You stood, shuffling through the contents.

"I have everything! Or at least enough from the last month. The bribes, the thefts, and all the naughty things you five get up to on company time."

Lucifer peered over your shoulder, tutting when he saw one of the pictures.

"How truly repulsive."

You nodded in agreement, snapping the folder closed.

"Usually, I'm not one for blackmail, I prefer a more hands-on approach, but Lucifer convinced me this could be just as fun, and I'm starting to agree with him! I mean, look at you guys sweating!" You laughed.

"That's not to say we don't intend on causing you lot a bit of harm." Lucifer added.

"Oh, we definitely are, mental manipulation just lacks the rush that physical torture has." Maze shrugged, saying it as casually as if she'd been commenting on the weather.

You hummed as you pulled a chair over, dusting the forgotten piece of furniture off before you sat down.

"I won't actually be doing anything, these two are much better at torture than me, years more practice. But I'm a visual learner, so I'll be sticking around."

"You're a psycho!"

It probably should have bothered, and maybe it would have if you didn't find this whole situation laughable at best. Here they were tied up and helpless before the devil himself, and hell's finest torturer, and they were calling you the psycho. You sat back in the chair, tilting your head as you crossed your arms.

"I might be clinically insane, but I'm not a psychopath." You scoffed.

Lucifer glanced at you over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you really, darling?"

"Yep! Certifiably insane, at least to some degree, I thought I told you."

"No, I believe I certainly would have remembered that, although it explains quite a good bit."

Maze groaned, catching your attention. She placed a hand on her hip, motioning to the captives with her free hand.