Chapter 8 - Training

Note:
3rd POV but mainly centred on Diluc because all the other chapters are literally all based mainly on Kaeya.

Continuing on...

Diluc had received his vision.

Master Crepus couldn't have had a more warm smile on his face. It quite literally reached his ears.

"I knew the archons would bless such a prodigy as yourself." Crepus had proudly claimed.

"Ahaha, don't think too highly of me father, it's making me feel stressed." Diluc lightly joked. In truth, he already undergoes a lot of stress what with all the tutoring and training he has to go through, but his father's praise always kept him going, but yet again also built up upon his stress.

Master Crepus clearly saw through the facade and frowned.

"Diluc, is there something wrong?"

Diluc looked incredibly taken aback.

"No! Er, I mean no."

Master Crepus sighed.

"Diluc, if you need any rest, you only need but ask."

"Ahaha. What do you mean father?"

Crepus sighed. "I mean that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself."

"Father it's fine, I don't need-"

"No excuses. Go take a break. Kaeya is in your room reading a book. How about you go read a book with him? I know how fond you 2 are of each other. Or, you could do something else. Anything else other than working."

Diluc sighed, defeated, and resigned to resting.

Diluc walked into the room which he and Kaeya now shared after the incident, and found Kaeya sitting on the bed, engrossed in a book.

"Hey Kae, what are you reading?"

Kaeya looked up with shock evident in his eyes. He normally was always so alert, aware of his surroundings, of what came near him and what didn't, but this time, he failed to realise Diluc had even set foot in the room. He quickly relaxed and flashed a smile.

"I'm reading a book about tactics and strategies."

"Kaey, don't worry about the exam. You'll get through, no sweat."

"Thank you Luc, but I'm actually genuinely intrigued by this book."

Diluc felt heat simmer up to his face. How humiliating to think you are being supportive to someone when in fact, the said person is doing quite fine.

"O-oh. I'll be uh... also reading a book!" Diluc stuttered.

Kaeya quirked an eyebrow, skeptical of the stuttering.

"Diluc, you don't need to be embarrassed. Don't worry, I took it as an amicable gesture."

"O-oh. Thank you." Diluc replied.

He can see right through me as well now. Ugh, no matter how hard I try, Kae always can read my face. I wonder how he does it.

Diluc manoeuvred his way to the bookshelf.

Gosh, I should really clean this up one day.