| ONE |

"You are my favorite feeling."

Sometimes I feel like my life's like a cloud and you're the sun

Sometimes I feel like my life's like a cloud and you're the sun. I acknowledge your presence everyday and you don't even know I exist. Like I'm a gossamer of sheer fabric that you gaze through, without even knowing I'm there...

It was the first day of senior year, semester three - which also means that it's been four years since you had me fall for you. I wasn't really surprised to see that we had none of our classes together, just like the past three years.

I never thought I would start writing to you after last year. Her death really did shake me up, but I remembered how free and calm I felt when I wrote to you so I started to write again. I threw all my old letters into a big box under my bed so I didn't have to cringe every time I saw them. Amelia already had a field day when she read one. I wouldn't want anyone else reading them either.

All those unspoken words that were dying to be let out - written in a fantastical view that almost seemed absurd.

Amelia says I should just tell you. As if that would work, the only time you've ever seen me is that time when you rescued me from my tormentors. You ended up making them run and helped me up with a worried smile.

I haven't told anyone but, you had me from day one of your smile.

Mr. Clark said we have a huge history project coming up and I couldn't help but think of you. You loved history. I remember when you dressed up as Alexander The Great for our Ancient Greece themed party at the end of the year.

You were prancing around with a big smile on your face and you had me smiling back. Even though I hadn't smiled for days together.

It took one small smile of yours to make me smile for the first time in weeks. You gave me hope that things weren't really doomed just yet.

You became my symbol for hope for the future, Damian.

Today, Amelia and I were walking around to see if there were any other new students for this semester because she was in-charge of the school council and I saw you and your friends throwing around a ball. You seemed so happy and I just stopped and stared at you until Amelia tugged me away.

I missed you as soon as I left.

Kayla was sitting with you at your table and I wasn't even surprised to know that you were back together. My heart prickled every time you got back but you've broken up so many times as well. I think that's the problem: you don't know that there's someone waiting for you in the back; it's why you and Kayla never remained.

Because you belong with me.

***

Hey everyone! Hope your having a great day. How was the first chapter? Short, I know, but its supposed to be a short story. I suck at first chapters so stay with me for a little more time, I'll get better!

Anyways, don't be shy - feel free to drop your thoughts and votes! Don't forget to share with people who you think might enjoy this.

Until the next chapter my dear readers! <3