| EIGHTEEN |

"Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever, and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you." — Meet Joe Black

It was raining heavily today

It was raining heavily today. The rain was falling swiftly and covered the town in a blanket of shimmering drops that fell readily on the bystanders on the roads. It pattered down the awning of the bus stands and swished into the gutters. 

The air smelt of fresh buds blooming and of wet soil.

I was stuck under a bus stand as I looked at my watch, 4:36. I had finished my shift and was walking back home when it started to rain and I had to duck inside the stand to keep myself from getting wet and preferably sick.

I was supposed to meet Dad at a restaurant today and I was getting rained on! I sighed in frustration as I texted Dad that I wouldn't be able to make it. He was coming from work and the plan was for him to directly come to the restaurant which was on the other side of town.

I was really looking forward to this dinner but somethings just happen I thought as I glared at the sky. Dayum you rain, I love you, but not right now. 

 I watched the rain as it forced people to hold umbrellas, something which I didn't have, and as they ran over the puddles. Vehicles sloshed water from puddles and I cringed as a few fell on my jeans and shoes.

I wasn't aware of anything except the gloomily watching the weather when someone called my name in surprise. I swerved to the right to see you slightly damp with a confused expression marked on your face.

You were wet with spots of moisture marking your jeans and jacket as you shook your hair. Your eyelashes were slicked together and it just enhanced your ethereal beauty.

"Damian?"

He nodded and walked over to sit next to me. The heat radiating from your body warmed me up and I imperceptibly slid a little closer to you.

"What are you doing out? You'll get sick," You warned as your eyes cautiously looked over my body for any signs that I was wet. I shook my head, "I just finished my shift and it started to rain."

You leaned back with a slightly comforted expression, "Oh okay."

The usual silence was filled with the pattering of the rain until my phone flashed with the incoming call of my Dad. I held up two fingers to you. You smiled and jerked your head in response.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ria, what do you mean you're not coming? Are you okay? Did something happen-" 

I knew it was weird but hearing my Dad rant about my safety after so long made me feel like I mattered, it felt so good that I let him rant for about a minute before intercepting.

"No, no Dad. I'm fine, I just got caught in the rain and am waiting for the rain to go away. I'll call a cab if it doesn't stop soon. I'll see you home okay?" 

My Dad said that was fine and he'd be waiting. I said my goodbyes as I made my way back to you. You were looking at me with a sort of confused face, "You were going somewhere?"

"Uh huh," I muttered leaning my elbows into my knees, trying to ignore your heated stare. But your curious gaze only burned into me like two beams of lasers, "Is it with someone I know? Maybe someone from school?"

I leaned back with a raised eyebrow, "Um," I had no idea what to say because it felt like - like you were angry? Your mouth had pressed into a thin line but your eyes seemed frustrated and another spark lit the blue inferno within your pupils.

"Who? Is it Zack? Or maybe it's Joe? Cause let me tell you they are both pleasant at first but if you get to know them, you'll wish you never did. Plus they don't deserve you."

"Um okay?" I said back as you looked me over and nodded, your lips that were pressing themselves together like you wanted to smile but you were holding it back. "I wasn't um going with them anyways I was-"

"Who?!" You cut me off as your mouth fell open and then closed back, a certain weariness in the way your jaw was clenched. My eyes warmly skipped over your tense features when all thought struck me.

Could you have been jealous? No! Of course not we aren't even that close, I mean we're just friends! 

"My father and I. We wanted to go out today but the sky had other plans. I was really looking forward to it, but," I trailed off with a depressed tone. You stared at me as I gazed at the sky with a dismal expression.

"Come on," You started suddenly, tugging my sleeve as you hoisted me up. I stumbled over and regained my balance with your other hand so I was facing you, our faces inches from each other.

"Where?" I whispered as my thoughts crashed together. Being in such a close proximity with you was making my head spin. You seemed breathless as well and your hands tightened on mine, the soft hands enveloping mine in a blissful comfort from the cold.

"I'm treating you for dinner." And with that you pulled me close to you. I huddled into your side as you and I ran across the black asphalt filled with puddles and ran across the street to a brightly lit up restaurant.

"I don't want to be a bother, Dami-"

You placed a finger against my lips, "You will never be a bother, Auriana. You can never be a bother to me."

Your blue eyes were shining and your hair was matted with water but you didn't seem to care. You removed your hand from my shoulder to open the restaurant door and I stepped inside, not a word in my mouth.

And for the rest of the dinner, our table was the center of my universe. Your smile, your laugh, your kindness was the only thing that lulled me to sleep as I stared at the jacket you gave to me. It had stopped raining but you insisted on letting me wear it as we walked to my home.

Damian Lawton, I was falling deep. Too deep. But how could I not? When you were so sweet and caring? Oh Damian...

 But how could I not? When you were so sweet and caring? Oh Damian