| FOURTEEN |

"You have replaced my nightmares with dreams, my worries with happiness, and my fears with love."

Sunday in Cafe Costa was always hectic

Sunday in Cafe Costa was always hectic. From a hundred and one orders from the phone and another two hundred from the ones on the tables; it was bound to get hectic.

Kylee, whose hair was now dark gray, had been dumping trays on me the entire afternoon to get to customers.

I tried my best not to trip and not to spill but of course that's never the case. After my shift I opened up my phone and liked a picture from Amelia's instagram page from her date today. I scrolled through a couple more posts when two people slid in the seats opposite to me.

I looked up to see a young man with light wavy caramel hair and two amber-brown eyes. I didn't recognize him but when I glanced at the second person, I could recognize your blue eyes anywhere.

You engaged me in a friendly conversation as I replied curtly, not unmindful of the fact that we were being watched.

"Anyway I came here to grab a bite with my brother, Desmond. Auriana this is Desmond and Desmond, Auriana." You introduced, as your eyes flitted between us anxiously.

I looked at the man with soft eyes and smiled as best as I could, "Hello nice to meet you."

Desmond chuckled and raised an eyebrow, "The pleasures mine Auriana. So I finally get to the meet the famous Auriana Damian is always talking about."

I blushed and you gave a startled shout with the faintest color tainting your cheeks. Desmond looked quite amused as he leaned back in his seat.

"Hmm, so tell me how you both met."

"School," We both answered together. Desmond's eyebrow raised higher and there were undeniable sparks of amusement in those eyes. "Ok then."

I cleared my throat as the both of us avoided each others eyes, "So Mr. Lawton-"

"Please call me Desmond. Inaya already makes me feel like an oldie with thirty kids." Desmond replied in good humor as you laughed and then explained, "Inaya and Eric are Desmond's best friends."

"Oh okay. Are you from the US? You seem to have an accent?" I asked Desmond as he nodded, "I'm from here but I studied in Europe along with Eric, although we weren't very close at the time."

And so the conversation began to flow freely. We three talked and Desmond made me laugh several times. You didn't look alike at all but you had the closest bonds I had ever seen.

Your family was important to you, just as mine was to me. We parted ways with vows to meet each other once more before Desmond left for the city again. As your brother walked to start the car, you waited behind as I collected my things to go.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" You asked me with a slight crease between your eyebrows. I chuckled lightly and nodded, "You will. And will I see you?"

You leaned back on your heels with a playful expression, "Not unless you promise me something."

I raised an eyebrow at your sudden playfulness which made me feel all gooey inside. I nodded eager to hear your next words.

"Meet me tomorrow at 7PM, Cedar Park?" I nearly collapsed at the desperate tone in your voice as you and I both tried to act nonchalant.

"Of course, whatever it takes to save your attendance Mr. Lawton." I laughed as you rolled your eyes. I had a feeling that I wouldn't get any sleep today.

 I had a feeling that I wouldn't get any sleep today