Chapter 13

Hi yalll!!! So I just wanted to give a shout-out before today's chapter. ITS MY EDITOR She works really hard and contributes a lot of her time writing with me. She helped with the storyline as well as giving me motivation to keep u guys updated. Yes my mental health is not good sometimes but she always makes sure I give you guys something every week. And honestly I love her for that.

This is my first story, my first time writing on an actual platform. And I cannot be happier that I have views. I didn't think I'd make it this far considering I'm a beginner, but you guys have stuck around and helped me progress this far. I'm grateful for my editor that so happens to be my sister as well as the chick who comments on every chapter. And I am so so so grateful for you guys you don't understand. I've had new followers too and that motivates me to write for my fans lol I cannot believe I'm saying that. I love you guys and enjoy today's chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Valentina
The gala is a waste of time. A waste of my time. It sits at the top of a hill far away from the city. The only thing around the banquet is a lake. I hate water. And I hate galas. Today was the day. The day of chaos and the day I wish wouldn't have come. I was wearing my dress as a bunch of ladies played around with my hair, fixing my makeup and perfuming my body.

Yesterday's meeting was boring. Like always... And not to mention Dante here, was watching me the whole time. Fucking creep. Everything is going accordingly. My way. Everything is going my way. And that to me, is perfect. The perfect way to get rid of these emotions, the perfect way to avenge my dad. You'd be so proud of me. Look at me.

I stand up and walk to the mirror. Looking at this woman who is going to start and end a life long war. A war that started with him and ended with her. I'm going to be given my own gun today. Which I might say is strictly restricted. No weapons in or out. This is a perfect opportunity to strip away his authority.

I step out of my room as I make my way down to the door. Everyone is waiting on me. Dante stands waiting for me by the door looking at his phone. As I approach him my heels click against the tiled floors letting him know I'm closer. He looks up as adoration fills his green orbs, so many emotions in his swampy eyes. So many emotions that I wish wouldn't have an effect on me. These feelings make me want to kiss him and kill him at the same time. These feelings mark my weakness, and if I don't get rid of this quickly I'll be known as weak in the walls of my mind.

"Wow Sei bellissima Valentina." (You look beautiful Valentina.)

I thank him as he puts out an arm for me. I take it. I don't know why, but I do. Maybe out of prestige or maybe because I'm being polite. Droplets of water fall down from the dreary sky, It's raining. How beautiful. I close my eyes letting the sound of rain fill my ears with happiness.

Father and I loved the rain he'd train me in this weather, we would go on walks, read endless books of romance and fantasy. I miss him so much. Memories is all I have left. I wish he would be here right by my side watching me grow into the woman I am right now. Oh how beautiful.

He opens an umbrella for me and takes me to the car. Watching the rain fall from the sky, I cant help but notice every slight thing about Dante. I can feel the faint thumping of his heart. I can sense the warmth spiraling off his body. I can hear his breathing. I look up at him. Will this be our last moment together Dante. Will I finally be happy when you're gone. I want to cry. I want to live. I want to let myself go. I want to feel. I want to breathe.

But sometimes when you're around I can't seem to do much of that, and sometimes I want to imagine a future with you. I can't though. I want to watch you break now. After years and years of searching for the perfect moment. I can't let it go to waste. Not again.

He opens my door and sets me inside like a doll. He gets comfortable on his side as he starts up the car. The rumble of the engine fills the deep void of quietness surrounding the interior of the car. He looks over at me.

"Are you crying?" I look at him. Eyes glossy, face gloomy. No, why would I cry... why would I cry?

"No, just dust in my eyes." I look out the window. What a happy yet sad day it is. I watch the droplets of rain race each other across the window. Today will be interesting. We reached the gala destination two and a half hours later. We are fashionably late. I like to call it that. But In reality it was the rain. Some cars pull up into the parking lot alongside us. Dante runs to my side helping me out. The rain falls harder out here than in the city and I'm loving every second of it. Adrik and Alessandra are nowhere in sight.

My pistol is hidden underneath my dress. They can't check even if they wanted to. We walk to the doors and hear music, loud chattering and lots and lots of laughing. We open the doors he takes my hand in his before giving it a tight squeeze. The aura around the gala changed when we stepped foot inside. The noises stopped the laughing stopped, the only think being heard was the clinking of wine glasses and the classical music in the background. All eyes are on us. Dante squeezes my Hand again.

Right.. we have to act like a happy cute couple who love each other oh so much. I already hate it. The old men in the corner snickering as their eyes linger a little too long on my chest. Fucking perves. Dante sits me down on a chair away from everyone's stares.

Let's set things straight: number one, enter the ball as Dante's plus one. We can check that box. Number two: We sit around and talk to people so we do not look suspicious. Still in action. Number three: locate the criminals. Number four: kill them off silently. I look over to Dante who is now occupied talking to people. By them I mean you baby. Oh how fun this will be.

I spot Marsha in the corner of the room, talking to a female who I must say is beautiful. Marsha's eyes connect with mine before giving me a little smirk. She is such a player. Dante calls for me. I nod my head at people who can't seem to stop looking at me. I must say I do look snazzy in this outfit.

As I return my attention back to Dante I can't help but notice a huge group begin to make there way towards him. I hurry my pace, there eyes locked with mine. Oh shit. It's them. The thugs the cargo stealers. The people we are after. I quickly wrap my arm around Dante. Turning his head I quickly give him a kiss on his lips. As much as I loved it I tell myself that he's a dick and I have to kill him. He opens his eyes as a smile, a genuine smile takes his lips. He pulls me back and kisses me harder. I push him a little.

Before smiling at the guests who have waited to meet me. The group stands further away not taking there eyes off once. After our little con-flab with these guests. They still remain a far distance from us. I sit there as I contradict myself. Why were they like that? Did I slip up? I probably fucking did, I always do. Fuck me and fuck this stupid gala. I continue bashing myself. When I feel fingers wrap themselves around my neck. I know it's Dante's instantly, the cold rings sit comfortably underneath my burning skin. His other tatted hand sits on the table. "Would you like to dance with me" ......

HOPE U GUYS LIKED TODAYS CHAPTER. Cause helllll I've had so many exams this week. Yup I have another midterm on Monday for math Lowkey wanna die but here's a chapter for my lovely bitches. I love u guys xoxo ur author until next time 💋💋💋💋