Chapter 14

TW : little mention of SA

Dante
Valentina has beautiful hands; they move so gracefully like waves of the Caribbean sea. She is so elegant. Her voice is so soft, like a lullaby. She did so little but showed so much authority and power. Her skin glowed so bright. Her smile lights up a room full of darkness. To say she looked beautiful today at this moment was an understatement and the proof that I have is that everyone is staring at her. I'm happy she's My plus one. She's so oblivious and so cute. I just want to hold her. And not let her go ever. It was her turn to talk to people. She's talking about trading and how she's currently looking for more people to trade with. All while looking beautiful. After a few minutes she says her goodbyes, and leads me towards the tables.

I sat her down in her chair before giving her a quick peck on the cheek. The aroma of sweetness and seductiveness fills my nose. Her perfume smells like how a sun set would look like sitting beside her. I walked away from her and proceeded to talk for the rest of the time. She's tired. I want her to rest for a bit before getting up and talking to people. After 20 minutes or so I walk back to the table to see her munching down a plate of the finest food here. In her hand is a fork and a glass of wine. I laugh at her childlike behaviour. I sit next to her and watch as she chows down the rest of her food.

My earpiece starts making erratic noises letting me know that plan b is in action. I take Valentinas hand and lead her to the dance floor. She looks surprised. An actress in the making. I hold her hips as I twirl her around in her beautiful red dress. She laughs and I love every second of the time I have with her. I admire women like Valentina. Strong, independent and wise. Just like my mama. She smiles as my big hands engulf her tiny delicate hands.

We dance around for a little while. I can feel the stares all around us. I grab the back of her head and pull her into a passionate kiss. Hot, heavy breathing, the type that makes you lose your mind, the type that makes you want to keep going and never stop, the type that makes your heart thump erratically so that you can feel it in your ears. All this feeling while being with her. Our tongues dance in eachothers mouths.

I pull away and see her lipstick smudged. I bite my lip as everything around me thickens into a blur of humans. I couldn't care less her face was the only thing in focus right now. She pulls my lip outta my mouth as she absentmindedly drags her thumb across trying to get lipstick off my lips. I bite her thumb and shake my head. No, I want her lipstick on me, I want it everywhere. In places where no one can see.

She nods her head and gives a quick glance around the room. It's time for plan c. From the corner of my eye I see her skillfully maneuver through the crowd. She bumps into the American mafia leader on purpose. The twinkle in his eyes goes unnoticed as he reaches for her hand as they move towards the dance floor again. She holds his hand as he twirls her around before yanking her towards him. He trails kisses down her throat, as he rubs himself against her.

He takes her by the hand and leads her out the exit. I move towards the exit slowly. Making sure I don't give up any thing. They rush down a long hallway as she peaks behind before gives me a wink. He pulls her into a bathroom far from the rest of the gala. As I quickly run towards the bathroom a guy leaves the bathroom. I immediately recognize the tattoos displayed across his neck I grab his neck putting him in a chokehold pressing down as hard as i can, his body goes limp in my arms as I slide him away into a janitors closet. I enter the bathroom aligning myself with the wall. All I hear are grunts and moans coming out of his mouth. My fist curls around the barrel of my gun. That's when I hear it, enough for me to go insane. A single no slips out of her mouth and then another and then she speaks louder. "No, no, no" Just before I aim my gun I hear a crack and then a hollow thump.

I peak a little from my little hiding spot and Valentina's lipstick is almost all gone and her eyes look drained she walks up to me and throws herself in my arms. I hold her there as she breaths silently. She grabs my hand and smiles at me. It's all a blur from there. We rush out the bathroom and down the hallway. I watch as she pulls out her gun and aims it straight towards the members all displayed around the room. I pull out mine and aim it as well. And right as we pull the triggers bullets go flying everywhere, we jump behind an open bar area. While the rest are scrambling, the girls jumping out of their laps and heading towards anything safe.

Valentina moves forward and starts shooting non stop left and right, screams heard everywhere. I run towards the exit and close the doors. Hiding behind a table that's been flipped over I signal for Valentina to move forward. In the middle of the room lay 30 or more men. I hear steps beside me. I immediately shoot at the moving target. I make my way to the main foyer upstairs. A couple of men come out From their hiding spots. I instantly recognize them sadness spreads through my chest, betrayal was something that was never forgiven.

"Listen we're sorry boss we-'' I don't wanna hear anything betrayal is betrayal and the punishment for that is instant death. A hand wraps around my own And that's when everything hits the yelling of my sister right in my ear.

"MOVE MOVE MOVE. GO NOW." I move faster than I ever have maybe because this is the biggest massacre we've ever pulled. All I want is for Valentina to be safe. I hold her hand now cold in my own cold hand. We run towards the back up the hill towards the waterfront that encloses off in front of a lake. Valentina let's go of my hand as we catch our breaths. I hear a gun cock behind my head. I let out a sigh, knowing what's about to come I prepare myself as I slowly turn around.

Valentina

I hold my gun towards the back of his head finger on the trigger. He holds his hands up and turns around slowly. His head is now touching the head of the gun. He opens his eyes and all I see is sadness, betrayal and a good load of emotions. I feel it in the depths of my stomach but I need to do it. If I don't it'll haunt me forever. I'm doing this for you dad. For him it's always been and will continue to be. My Hand starts shaking rapidly. My breaths become uneven. My eyes let out silent screams. I fucking hate you Dante Azzaro but Why do I feel guilt carving it way into my mind?

Fuck everything around me is spinning my mind is spinning, i look up again dante nods at me but his eyes tell a different story. I scream because that's all that's left to do. The gut wrenching scream that comes down from deep down. The one I've been holding in for so long. I want it all. I want happiness and love and family and friendships and sadness and anger. I want to breathe. All of it, every single drop of it. I want to hurt him but love him but kill him but hold him. I wish just this once that papa could've told me what to do, i'm lost in a great deal of things and I do not know where to start, how to start. I hold the gun towards my head. Finger on trigger. I've felt torment for way too long and this is finally the peace that I deserve. After everything I've been through it's the least I deserve. A peaceful quick death.

Why hadn't I done this earlier? Maybe because I was scared for the fact that maybe somewhere in this big world something good will come to me, something that will stop the night terrors, something that would lead me like a beacon of light in the ocean. Rain falls from the sky, the droplets cascading down my face mixing with my tears. I smile. How beautiful.

I drop to my knees as I watch horror plant itself onto Dante's face. He grabs me and throws the gun away from me. It slides under some bushes not too far from us. He holds me as he rocks me back and forth in his lap. I weep into his neck as I let all of this pent up emotion free. He smells so good, musky and dirty. But I can't love you no, it's too much for me to bear. With these thoughts, I let myself consume dante.

Word count 1639

Update this has been edited I changed up the story I little bit. Made the scenes better for u guy's. Anyways hope you guys enjoy todays chapter and thanks for waiting on me love you guy xoxo ur author 💋💋💋💋