ONE

"Hey Charlie, it's Brynn. We're going clubbing tonight, do you want to join us?", asked Brynn on the other side of the phone with her squeaky voice.

"Thanks for asking Brynn but you know, I hate clubbing. Have fun without me", I answered, wanting this conversation to end soon.

"Oh come on Charlie, we weren't clubbing together for years! You must come out of your tiny room full of dust and live! You can't meet a guy when you hide in your room. Please, Charlie, it's making me sad to see you lonely all the time."

"No need to be sad Brynn. I'm fine and I've got this new app called Matching. I will find somebody, I don't need to go clubbing for that. I would want to talk to you longer but I've got a very important exam tomorrow. Bye Brynn, see you soon!"

"But tomorrow is Satur-", before she could end her sentence I hang up.

Brynn can be very nerve-racking. I met her on my first day at university, I was walking around trying to find my lesson when I bumped into her. She was very friendly and we became good friends. After a while, she started pushing me around so we stopped hanging out after school. A few weeks ago she started calling me and I don't want to meet her. My mobile starts buzzing on my desk so I pick it up to see what's going on.

You've got a match!

I open Matching excitedly, wanting to know who it is.

Chris Parker
25 years old, born on 13th of December 2010
Studying Psychology in New York
Prefer dogs over cats
Like watching movies, acting
Hate musicals, going clubbing

The picture under the short information shows a really attractive guy with brown hair and blue eyes. He's smirking slightly and the sunlight let his eyes sparkle. He's definitely a 10 out of 10. Never have I seen a hot guy like him before. A few seconds after my phone buzzes again. He texted me!

-Hey Cutie, how are you?

I'm fine, thanks. What about you?-

-Me too, just a little bored ;)

Same here. Do you study psychology in New York?-

-Yes, it's really interesting. You study literature in Brooklyn, don't you?

In Manhattan ;) -

-Manhattan it is;) Your profile says that you're 22, since when are you studying in Manhattan?

I was 19 when I started, so around about 3 years I guess. And you? -

-6 years. Psychology is quite hard. Learning how the brain works is difficult.

I'm glad that I didn't choose it ;) -

-You seem really funny Charlie, but I have to go back to learning now. I'll text you when I'm finished ;) See you later <3

Okay, see you <3 -

Chris seems really interesting and I guess he doesn't live that far away. Maybe I should ask him if he wants to hang out sometimes or if he wants to go to the cinema. Weird, the conversation was really short and I'm already thinking about asking him out. He's just totally my type! The way he texted, how he looks like, his interests like I said he's totally my type. I should stop rushing it, maybe he's not interested in me?

Stop thinking, start learning, Charlie. I have to focus on my career, not some stupid boy I texted.