Part 1

With great difficulty, I managed to get out of bed and drag myself towards the kitchen.

I made coffee in sleepy automatic movements, feeling the need to pour hot coffee into myself, before going to my roommate's room and strangle her with my bare hands.

Not only did Paula bring a man to our apartment in the middle of the night and their drunken voices woke me up, they broke out in sessions of a particularly loud sex, which completely ruined my ability to fall asleep again.

It actually happened the night before a very important work meeting that I had to attend, which was disturbingly set too early at the morning..
I realized, with greet sorrow, that I would not be at my best, because I didn't get enough hours of sleep.

"Good morning ..." I heard a dormant voice behind me.

I turned to look at the guy from last night, the one responsible for my future embarrassment, that will surely happen at the work meeting that was about to take place.

He stood in front of me with disheveled bleached hair and tousled bristles, wearing only boxer shorts that knew better days...
And there seemed to be not a single piece of skin left without a tattoo, on his slender body.

'How does Paula always manage to find these losers?'

"Morning.." I replied briefly, not even trying to disguise the irritated tone of my voice.

"You are Daniela, Paula's room mate!" He noted and looked proud of his well-developed observation skills.

"Daniela, I would love to have a cup of coffee too!"

"Feel free to help yourself!" I hissed, the sound of his crackling voice manages to annoy me.

I quickly finished my coffee, and my eyes wandered to the clock in the kitchen oven.

'It's a quarter past eight already?! How did it happen? I'm not even dressed yet !!'

I hurried to my room, passing by Paula's open door. She was snoring comfortably in her bed, her career as a bartender will certainly not be harmed by a sleepless night..

Lucky I already planned yesterday what to wear, I wanted to convey professionalism and maturity and try to disguise the fact that I was the youngest architect in the company.

The meeting I tried to get to on time, was our first introductory meeting with the new owner of the company. It was important to make a good first impression.

I felt proud of myself for not being lazy the night before, and carefully straightening my chestnut wavy/curly hair, with my monstrous flat iron. Smooth and tidy hair, always seemed to me more professional and dignified.

I deftly put on my black power suit, which complimented my hourglass body and always boosted my self-confidence when I wore it, paired with the mustard-colored pumps that Paula forced me to buy at a super upscale store and accordingly, cost a fortune.

I managed to apply mascara, a slightly transparent cherry color lipgloss and squirt my favorite perfume, all at top speed.

I left the apartment, trying to ignore the fact that the scruffy creature was sprawled on our girly pink couch with his tattered panties, sipping his coffee.
I forced myself to immediately delete that image from my mind.

The taxi I had ordered had not yet arrived and I took the opportunity to soak up some warm spring rays, take a deep breath and try to relax.

When the taxi finally arrived, I hoped that the driver would really try to find a shortcut in the traffic jams of the city, as I had requested, otherwise the delay would be a serious blow...

I finally reached the entrance to the office floor, all panting.

Of course Murphy's Law did not spare me this time either, one of the elevators was out of order and the second one was very crowded and I did not manage to squeeze in.
I had to go up the stairs half way...

Our secretary's scolding look, told me that no miracle had happened and the meeting started on time.

"Hurry up Daniela! Everyone is already inside!"

She looked as if someone had matched her to the interior design of the place.
Anna Maria was towards the end of her thirties and still looked like a model.
She was dressed in a white button-down shirt, grey pencil skirt, and matching high heels. Her blond hair was pulled back in a hairstyle that looked like it had just come off the pages of a fashion magazine.

Then her eyes suddenly lit up and she looked at me excitedly,

"Our new boss has arrived and he is something else, that's for sure!!" She said in a vigorous voice and an energetic facial expression. Just the opposite of what I was feeling at that moment.

I placed my handbag on her desk, while cursing in my heart the Interior designer who designed the transparent walls of the company's main meeting room. Someone might have noticed that I had arrived, so I had no choice, I had to enter that meeting and could not elegantly dodge it...

I took a deep breath and smiled nervously at Anna Maria.

As I entered the conference room, Pedro Delgado, my boss, who was sitting at the head of the table, dramatically stopped his speech, as soon as he saw me.

"Good Morning Miss Almada, I'm glad you finally decided to honor us with your presence!"

The many people in the large room, turned their curious gaze to me.

"I apologize for for being late.. traffic jams .." I stammered and hurried to sit down in an available chair.
Everyone turned their gaze back to the boss, and he continued his words.

I was busy regulating my breath and paid less attention to my surroundings, when I heard Pedro introduce the representative of the of the company that acquired ours.

"I'm sure we'll work together productively, the merger with a huge company like Sotos Construction, will definitely take Delgado forward.
I'm happy to say that Mr Andres Moreno will be working with us from now on!"

Everyone applauded enthusiastically, except me. I stopped breathing at that moment..
'OMG! Did I hear right ?! How can this happen? What a damn morning !!  No, It's probably just a coincidence, someone with the same name..'

I turned my eyes slowly towards the man standing next to Pedro..

My breath caught from the intensity of the shock and my heart started pounding frantically,

OMG!! My new boss was my ex-husband ...

.