Part 10

As we got pretty close to my street, I felt Andres' gaze on me.

"Daniela, just in case you had not heard, my grandfather's annual fundraising ball is taking place next weekend"

"No." I briefly said.
If Anna-Maria, Laura, or Miguel had heard of it, it would have been their only topic of conversation.

"As a company that recently joined us, all Delgado employees are asked to attend, and that, my dear, includes you, no excuses will be accepted!" He said in a teasing voice.

Since I have been to several of his family's events when we were married, I knew for sure that the last thing I wanted, was to be at his family's mansion, and especially to see their faces again.

"Don't you understand why the fact that you're my boss now, annoys me so much ?!
Why, the hell, do I have to do this? Who cares if I come or not?" I said with growing frustration.

The memories resurfaced, again.
Charity balls, parties....gourmet restaurants..rich people in luxury clothes..
That whole lifestyle I experienced when we were together..

And then..Andres...
His eyes, his warm body, his big arms envelop me ...
The warmth radiated from him..his smile..our intimate conversations in the small hours of the night..

The first time I laid eyes on Andres Moreno was during his speech at my university.
I was a freshman and he came for the launch of a new wing in our Architecture faculty, which his family donated.

During the speech he delivered, I was completely mesmerized by him.
He was the most impressive and gorgeous man, I have ever seen in my life.

Needless to say, the other female students were also exsttic.
They batted eyelashes and protruded breasts, at the sight of the sexy guy in his late twenties, who surprisingly appeared, and brought great excitement into the long and tedious ceremony.

It turned out that he arrived at the last minute, instead of his uncle, who was the one who was supposed to give the speech at the ceremony, but was unable to make it.

Therefore, instead of the usual formal suit, he was wearing jeans and a grey sweater.
None of the girls missed how the sweater emphasized his broad shoulders, and the perfect way his jeans fit his sculpted body.

Then, as he began to speak, his deep voice, his intelligent words and the natural charisma that emanated from him, made me strongly aware of a man's presence, in a way I had never felt before.

Surprisingly, I felt his eyes rest on me several times during his speech.
I was sitting in the second row, where I had an excellent line of sight towards the stage, and our eyes were locked several times.

I was sure I was imagining it.
Why would someone like him actually look at me?
I decided that it was probably my unruly mane of long chestnut curls, that caught his attention.

To my great surprise, he approached me at the reception held afterwards, which was attended by a number of selected students, of which I was one.

Everyone present stared at us curiously, as Andres Moreno, the grandson of billionaire Victor de Leon, started talking to me, a freshman scholarship student.
It was very puzzling to me too, but I can not say that I did not enjoy the attention, that is, his attention.

I never stood close to a man like him, and even more, talked to. He was charming and easy going and I was completely fascinated by him...and I blushed a lot.

That evening, he made sure to drive me home and ask for my phone number.

From that point on, everything happened at lightning speed.

He was like a goal-oriented bulldozer and surprisingly, his goal was me..
If only I knew at the time the real reason for that!

But when I first met him, Andres Moreno seemed to me like a fairy tale prince, and he completely made my head spin and stirred my heart.

I was very young and inexperienced and everything about Anders, moved me insanely.

Very quickly, I knew I was crazy in love with him. I've never felt this way before. Even though I had crushes on boys in High School, it was never that intense, my feelings for Andres overwhelmed me.

After a few months, when he suddenly asked me to marry him,
I found myself in an amazingly sweet dream, that I did not want to wake up from.
I could not believe it was happening to me, I felt like Cinderella...

The stopping car interrupted my thoughts, we reached my building.

Andres turned his gaze to me and smirked.
"Don't you know there is no point in resisting? You will come to the event, even if I have to drag you there myself.."

Unfortunately, I knew him well enough to know he was capable of it. When Andres Moreno decides he wants something, nothing can stop him..

"It will be very embarrassing for me to see your grandfather and the rest of the family.
Why are you forcing me to come to this event? Who cares if I'm there or not?"

"I care."
He said, and his low voice sent a shiver through me.

"And don't worry so much about it, I will make sure that none of them bother you"

I watched him with annoyance mixed with frustration.
"I really hate this situation!"

"We have already established that you don't want to leave the company and don't have to, so try to calm down, everything will work out, Daniela"

I felt his eyes flutter slightly over my body, then he looked back into my eyes.

I put my hand on the car door handle.
"Thanks for the ride, Andres, goodbye" I said coolly.

"Daniela, wait a second!
....I hope you understand how much I want everything to be okay between us, I promise I'm going to do my best not to make you feel bad about me..about us."

"There is no us! You're my boss and I'm working for you and that's all." I said in a angry voice.

Before I could grasp what was happening, he raised his hand and lightly stroked my cheek with his fingers.

"Yes, I know you will not make it easy for me..but that's how I like it..
and I can learn to wait patiently .."

.