Part 9

The construction site was dusty as expected.
Luckily, I had already learned, the hard way, to keep a pair of Blundstone shoes in the office, and I managed to change shoes before I left.

The first time I was at a construction site, right after I just started working in Delgado, the delicate stilettos that rested innocently on my feet, were completely destroyed.
Experience certainly brings wisdom...

I approached the group of engineers and foremen, which was made up entirely of men and included, to my horror, my ex-husband as well..

I could not control myself and looked at him with resentment, I should have guessed he would be there.

He sent me an amused look and tilted his head towards me, a half-smile on his face.

The other men seemed very surprised to see me. They were waiting for the experienced Pedro Delgado and not for a novice young architect from his office.

"Hello, I'm Daniela Almada from Delgado Architects, Pedro was unable to arrive and he sent me in his place"

"I'm glad you could make it, Miss Almada, you were involved in all the planning stages of the project, I'm sure you can help us with the problem we discovered" said Andres and walked over to me.

He started explaining what it was all about, and then we all went around different areas of the site and talked about possible solutions.

Pretty soon, a professional argument started between the electrical engineer and the civil engineer, which quickly reached jarring tones.
The electrical engineer's face was red. He stood next to me and was furious that his opinion was not accepted.

All the male ego demonstrations around me did not deter me at all, what bothered me most at that point, was whether I looked ridiculous like them, wearing that fanny yellow safety helmet on my head ...

Andres tried to calm the spirits and reach some sort of compromise, but when the argument had reached loud yelling, Andres stopped it immediately, in a voice that was calm but also firm and very authoritative, and made the two older men immediately shut up.

Although he was younger than most of the other men at the site, he radiated power and authority, and it was quite clear who was the boss ..

I couldn't help but look at him appreciatively and our eyes met.

Our eyes locked on each other for long minutes.
I felt like electricity was flowing all over my body.

Then he sent me a small, almost imperceptible wink.

It happened all of a sudden, out of nowhere, at a construction site full of dust, with the sounds of workers and noise all around, and made my heart skip a beat.

I was flooded with memories again, unable to stop the thoughts that ran through my mind, I could not detach myself from the electrifying feeling..

But in the end, I forced myself to concentrate, and managed to come up with an idea, who could give a possible solution to the problem in the construction process.

The engineers said the idea I proposed was worth checking out, and one of the foremen agreed to try it the next day with his workers.

The pleased look Andres sent me, made me proud of myself, in spite of everything.

After the tour was over and everyone started dispersing to their vehicles, I took out my mobile to book a taxi (to be paid by the company, of course).

I suddenly felt a big, warm hand on my arm, stopping me.

I turned my gaze and saw Andres, standing close to me.
He was so beautiful, his tanned golden skin was perfect.
He radiated masculinity and strength, and the touch of his big hand on my skin, made my heart involuntarily flutter.

"Cancel the taxi, I'll take you home" there was not a drop of question in his voice.

"No need. I'm fine."

"Stop being stubborn. I need to talk to you about something."

I entered his jeep with a resentful look on my face.

He started the car and drove backwards and then effortlessly navigated out of the construction site.

I always had a kind of weird fetish, seeing a man driving a car seemed sexy to me, and turned me on.

Don't give him the power to get to you like this .. enough with that!!

I sat in silence, trying to think of anything but his strong presence by my side.

Stupid girl, his sexiness manages to affect you again, as if nothing happened..as if you did not hear just now that he has a girlfriend ..stop it!!

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked in a firm voice.

He chuckled.

"You're so quick tempered Daniela, what were you just thinking about, that made you angry again? "

I glared at him angrily and he laughed that sexy laugh of his.

"The very existence of you in the same space as me.."

"God, I missed your feisty temperament..
Do you really think I'm that terrible, Daniela?"

"Absolutely!
A person who is capable of doing what you have done to me, has a terrible personality!
You deceived me, Andres ... You went out with me and married me, a girl way below your level, just to take control of your grandfather's money!
Doesn't that seem terrible enough to you ?!"

"Daniela, I was with you because I fell in love with you..
You were the purest and sweetest thing in my life, and that's the only reason!
Put it in that thick skull of yours, already!"

"That's Bullshit!!
You know Marcia told me everything, moreover, I heard you say it myself!"

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

"First of all, don't talk about yourself like this!
No one is below anyone's level..there is more to life than money!
And secondly, my grandfather's ultimatum just made me ask you to marry me earlier than I planned, you were too young and I didn't want to rush things,
Do you really think we would not have gotten married at some point without my grandfather's involvement ?!"

I sent him a disbelieving look.

He turned his gaze to me for a second, his dark eyes send me a penetrating look, and then he looked back at the traffic in front of him.

"I know now that I should have done things differently, I should have explained to you everything before the wedding..but the truth is that I was afraid..I didn't want you to misunderstand me and do something drastic ..what in the end, actually did happen..you left me .. "
He said, his voice sounding full of thoughts.

All this talk about the past, brought back memories to me, good and bad ..

"Enough with that, we will never reach an agreement on the subject..
There is no point in continuing to talk about it, we no longer owe anything to each other, let's just continue to live our separate lives and avoid being around each other, beyond what is necessary at work! " I said in an annoyed voice.
Did he really think he could change my mind with a few nice words ?!

He tilted his gaze at me again,
"Not gonna happen..." he said with a teasing look in his eyes.